Old March 31st, 2004, 09:02 AM
Mike O'sullivan

Default Pre Great Fire buildings in London???

The Lamb and Flag, 33 Rose Street. Leicester Square tube. One of the few
wooden structures to survive the Great Fire of 1666. It was once known as
the 'Bucket of Blood' because of all the fights that broke out in it. It was
also one of Charles Dickens' favorite spots on his pub crawls."

Also, look he

http://www.angliacampus.com/educatio...y/greatfir.htm
http://www.dickens-and-london.com/WGFlsht.htm

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to Richard

I am looking to visit the best places in London to see some pre 1666
streets and buildings? Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is
always appreciated.

i'll start with the White Tower of the Tower of London. There is
a database of buildings visibly dated nnnn. I'll try and find it.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso

you can email us@ this site
Spain, food and walking "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all,

it's a spamtrap