Old March 31st, 2004, 01:31 PM
meurgues

Default Pre Great Fire buildings in London???

Richard wrote in message . ..
I am looking to visit the best places in London to see some pre 1666
streets and buildings? Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is
always appreciated.

Richard

Except monuments, of course (St James, Westimster, Southwark cathedral
(and palace remains), Tower, archbishop palace, several churches,
etc...) I've seen 2 houses : 1 in Fleet street, I THINK..., with a
round coach door (? porte cochère in french) and 1 just west of Old
Bailey both on the South side of the streets (the one with yellow?
coatings. Don't know for the timber house nearby one).
Can't remember very well...

didier Meurgues