Old October 26th, 2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

Default Rules for Baggage/carry-ons

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 16:18:24 GMT, Larry in AZ
wrote:

Aside from the note to the congressman, the idea of shipping certain items in
advance is not new, and is a good practice.

Send them to the hotel marked, "Hold for guest [Your Name], arriving on
mm/dd/yy".

However it doesn't appear to be necessary in this case.

The only time we have done it is on a long car trip when we needed
dressier clothes for one place we were staying or for shipping dirty
clothes home. In these cases, we packed in boxes rather than
suitcases.

I've looked at shipping for suitcases and it seems pretty expensive.