Old May 31st, 2004, 10:22 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

All of this is true, but we did it the way we did it. In future
another committee may decide to do it differently. We like the

results
and are not going to change anything at this stage of the game.

Nor should you be expected to, Lloyd... I am just grateful that you

accepted
the chairmanship and that we have a committee that is willing to

serve...
having read the past GGC's complaints about minor issues, makes y'all a
brave bunch and it sounds as if you are doing a good job and I can't

wait
for the selections to be posted!

--Jean

Thanks, but I certainly couldn't have done it alone. The committee
member are great to work with and in those instances when differences
of opinions came up, we were able to find that compromise that made it
all work smoothly.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I think you and the committee members are doing a first-rate job.
And being former Navy (like my wife and brother) gives you a lot of respect
in pulling differing factors together.

One thing I would like to suggest to the TA's who are in the bidding this
year: pay attention to the flames of the past. You can learn from those
experiences and improve overall customer service. It's impossible to think
of everything, sure, and this is a huge job with lots of hours put in for
not much monetary compensation. You may as well have some fun while you're
at it.

Skip -------warming up his pipes to sing "Anchors Aweigh"