Old July 11th, 2004, 04:49 AM
clint

Default Just returned from cruise - don't get it...

Yes, lovebucket, you are!
"deedee_tv" wrote in message
. ..
I just returned from a 7 day western Caribbean cruise on Celebrity

Century.
I guess it is me but I don't get it. Although this was my first cruise, I
have traveled extensively (25+ European trips, 5 trips to Far East,
Hawaii...). I really did not enjoy the cruise. The food was OK but

seemed
to emphasize quantity over quality. I saw people ordering 3 shrimp
cocktails each dinner even though it wasn't a menu option. I definitely

do
not care for the "all you can eat" mentality.

I had to start thinking about wardrobe options about a month prior and
needed $700 worth of clothes to fulfill the requirements of the evening
dress code. I followed the guidelines but was in the top 5-10% in terms

of
actually wearing what was "required".

The port destinations were far too short to accomplish anything. All

ports
(Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozamel and Key West) left you in the
most touristy areas which gave little ability to get to see the country.

I ended up with the $3000+ cruise price plus an additional $1600 spend on
board for shore excursions, drinks, spa treatments, bingo and very light
gambling.

I don't need that much structure to relax. I know people who rave about
cruising but give me a condo on just about any beach and the ability to

pick
which restaurant I eat at in the evening and I will save thousands and be
much happier.

Am I alone here?