Old June 10th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Al

Default Chirac refuses to give up his necktie!

(Earl) wrote in message om...
Chirac may refuse to give up his necktie but I did
a long time ago.

Those visiting Paris and eating at fairly upscale restaurants
will not find the men wearing neckties. Paris is not a very
formal city. I would not go to a top place (*** Michelin) without
a coat and tie, however. On rare occasions in the winter
I will wear a tie, or have a scarf around my neck!

In official circles, however, people wear them and Chirac showing up
in "formal attire" must have frosted Bush (see photo at web site
given below).

That was the first day when the G8 leaders were tooling around in dune
buggies - and Chirac looked ridiculous compared to the others who
weren't overdressed. He has since lost his tie.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news...4/10beach.html