Old June 11th, 2004, 12:54 PM
John Bermont

Default Chirac refuses to give up his necktie!

Earl wrote:

Next, he and some others are not going to attend Reagan`s funeral.
They see this as a "mise en scene" political event which is designed
to aid Bush's electoral campaign and they want to stay clear.

I see the funeral differently and am sorry that Chirac did not spend
another day here to bit adieu to President Reagan. I'm afraid that his
absence, well noted in the media, will reinforce the poor image that
France has brought upon itself with many Americans. A little more salt
in that wound, and another tit for tat. Chirac behaved rather childish.
John Bermont
* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/