Old July 31st, 2004, 12:08 PM
RichC

Default Where to find best price on cruises last min. to save $$$$$$$$

A few years back the cruise lines tried to get people into the mode of early
booking by promising bigger discounts & advertising that if you wait till
the last few weeks the price will much more. I idea never caught on & most
of the seasoned cruisers still waited until the last minute to book the best
deals. Some people even packed bags & waited at the docks & hoped to sail
on partially filled ships for a real deal. Since 9/11 those days are gone &
I believe the earliest date for booking is now about 30 days or so. There
are lots of good web sites to check prices mentioned in this NG or even
check out the local newspapers for the specials. Try
http://www.cruiseshopping.com/ for some specials. I've never found that
booking a year in advance saves a lot of money. I wouldn't book 1 year out
unless you have you heart set on a special ship or a specific cabin. If
your schedule allows, the best deals are the ones faxed to the TA's almost
on a daily basis but you've got to be flexible.

"Mark Biernacki" wrote in message
om...
Ok, All you cruise gurus. Where do you go to get the best prices on
last min. cruise fares? Ore is it better to book a year in advance?

Thanks in advance,

Mark