Old February 19th, 2009, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
KGB

Default "Apex car rental" NZ - opinions????

Hi

My wife and I (from the UK) are planning a trip to NZ in the Autumn.
I used to work for "New Zealand Shipping Company" many, many years ago
and want to re-visit my old haunts before I get too old - could be a
mistake taking the wife though, in case I am still recognised!! 8^)

The flights are booked and we are currently looking at car rental, our
route being solely North Island; Wellington to Auckland. I have come
across "Apex car rental", which have a professional looking website
(proves nothing I know) and seem very cheap compared to some of the
more well known (here in the UK) car rental companies.

Any comments about Apex - good or bad - would be greatly appreciated.
If bad, any other suggestions for car rental companies??

I have tried looking at http://www.rental-cars.co.nz as suggested in
this NG some time ago but the website appears to be now defunct.

Regards - and thanks in advance

KGB