Old June 10th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Shawn Hearn

Default NY Times: Lost Luggage Is Rare, but the Trauma Can Be Acute

In article ,
(Sufaud) wrote:

New York Times
Lost Luggage Is Rare, but the Trauma Can Be Acute

Sometimes I wonder if there are certain people who just go through life
the best they can, yet keep having the most unpleasant things happen to
them. I travel by air an average of three times a year, maybe a bit more.
I have been doing this for at least the past ten years. Probably about
20% of my air travel is personal, not business. Not once in all those
flights have I ever had a problem with lost luggage. Nothing has ever
been stolen from my luggage either, although I only pack my clothes and
other easily replaceable items in my checked luggage. The worst that's
happened to me is I had a few scratches in my hard sided American
Touraster suitcase and a small rip in a cheap soft sized suite case that
I actually won in a contest a few years ago.

On the other hand, my sister travels by air maybe once every five years.
This past January, she went on a ten day vacation from Philadelphia to
somewhere in Costa Rica and her luggage was lost upon arrival in Costa
Rica. Fortunately, the luggage was found later the same day. By the next
day, the airline delivered her luggage to her hotel room.