Old August 30th, 2007, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default Specialty Restaurants on ships

Is it free? We are seniors on an fixed income
"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
Hi George,

Our favorite Specialty Restaurant experience in 46 cruises was EVERY time
in the POLO GRILL on the Oceania Regatta. Everything was perfect EVERY
time we went there, from the Whole Maine Lobster to the Filet Mignon,
Ceasar Salad to Creme Brule. I think next time I'm going to try the 32
oz. Prime Rib. And there is no extra charge for this, or the "Toscana"
Italian restaurant.

BTW, the food and service was also GREAT in the main dining room and the
buffet. You really should try Oceania.

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

"George Leppla" wrote in message
I am hijacking this subject from another thread...

"Diana Ball" wrote

And the specialty restaurant
(best food we've had on the seas) succeeded in evoking a big city supper
club of another era.

Which leads to some questions...

What do you think about "specialty restaurants" on ships?

If you go to these restaurants, what was your favorite meal?

I have to admit I dislike the concept of additional pay, specialty
restaurants on ships. I think dining in the dining room should be
"special" but it has become ordinary. Waiters singing, Maitre 'ds who
think they were born to spend their life talking on a microphone, trying
to feed 3500 people in 3 hours. Most dining room food and service is very
good, but for me, it is no longer "special".

My favorite meal in a specialty restaurant was on the Carnival Conquest.
We had dinner with my brother and his wife, it was their first cruise and
their honeymoon and Carnival does an excellent job.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

January 20, 2008 - GGC2008 - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm