Old March 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_2_]

Default Should I avoid tour groups?

PatTX wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:30:10 -0500:

I have noticed this territorial attempt to dominate everyone
from other tour guides. So, should I leave the room if one of them
moves her group into the same room?

I've not had this happen but a large group can rather disrupt things
with the guide talking loudly and sometimes, in France, yelling "Coo Ee"
to gather the group. I did once do the reverse when we took a tour with
a French guide. I noticed grumbles because I was translating the spiel
for my son. The guide was quite pleasant and pointed this out to the
grumblers.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland