Old December 25th, 2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Cohen

Default Apparently: "Hydra-Plane" On Very Wet Jamaican Runway Is BeingBlamed

On Dec 24, 3:05*am, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
That's "Hydroplaning" or "Aquaplaning".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroplaning_%28tires%29

Yeah, "hydro-," and the WIKI article is fairly explanatory, and so
imho when driving on unusually watery highways and streets, especially
try not to
be a speedy idiot, and if the cars behind ya obviously desire to go
faster, then I'll try to get out of their way by pulling off the road
when
and where it seems safe (to signal and) to turn-off

APPARENTLY, the landing was not close enough to the beginning of the
runway of reportedly 8,000+ feet, tho please don't take my
(mis) interpretation of the news as gospel