Old October 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
KB

Default Baggage transfer at intermediate stops

"Neville MADDEN" wrote in message
Good morning, My wife and I are flying from Los Angeles to Greensboro NC
with United.

There is a stopover in Chicago and a flight transfer to EXPRESSJET
AIRLINES DBA UNITED EXPRESS for the onward flight to Greensboro.

Do I have to collect our luggage in Chicago or will United tranship it to
the ongoing flight with the new airline?

Thanks

Neville
Toowoomba
Queensland
Australia

The airline will transfer your checked bags. The express jets are usually
small Bombardiers and, depending on the size of your hand luggage, you may
end up having to check that as well. They won't charge you for that.

Keith