Old March 18th, 2006, 11:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Help with France itinerary

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

I noticed that you are staying at a few Mercure hotels. I have stayed at
several
Mercure hotels and been quite happy with them. If I am not mistaken they
are
related to Ibis, a bargain rate chain.

They are related insofaras they are part of the same hotel group. They are
unrelated in terms of facilities offered. Ibis are one of the Accor group
budget chains, while Mercure are 3 and 4 star hotels.

Gas will be expensive, but tolls shouldn't be a problem. You can drive a
lot of
nice highways there without any tolls at all. ...

The non-Autoroute roads are for people who don't mind taking their time
getting somewhere.

Colin Bignell