Old May 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Passing through Columbus Ohio

"Skookum" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm going to have a day in Columbus en route to a smaller Ohio
destination in August. As always for me, I am looking for a nice (not
necessarily cheap) non-chain hotel and a few ideas on what one really
must see in the area. My perusal of TripAdvisor.com on Columbus hotels
turned up pretty well nothing except national and international chains
as well as very basic no frill motels. Any ideas on and any thoughts on
"must-sees" in the Buckeye capital?

The central business district basically closes up by 7PM. The
best place to stay is German Village in one of the Bed and Breakfast places.

I havent stayed there myself but the German Village Guesthouse is
highly recommended

http://www.lanierbb.com/inns/bb2717.html

Failing that the Best Western Clarmont Inn is on the edge
of German village. There are several excellent restaurants
and bars in the German Village some of which brew their own
ale. If you like more exotic food then there are some decent
asian outlets in the short north.

As for attractions the Ohio Historical centre is worth a trip, it includes
a reproduction 19th century Ohio town, there's also the science and
Industry centre(COSI) and also a nice zoo.

Keith