Old October 21st, 2008, 08:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Default Allegedly, Delta Baggage: Ft Lauderdale---ATL, 50 lbs plus 3lbs Over = $83 !

mrtravel wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

On Oct 20, 4:23 am, mrtravel wrote:

Robert Cohen wrote:

Fortunately, the passenger was able to stick the 3 lbs overage in
friend's suitcase

If this anecdote is of a true fee figure, then ... semi-terrific

If the airline is not trying to make annoyed, dissatisfied customers,
then Federal Express, United Parcel, and/or USPO containers should be
available for c.o.ds. (or prepaid) which I am merely GUESSING would
amount to surely less than $25 retail for 3 pounds

Airlines have weight, size, and number of piece limits.
If you exceed them, you pay more.
It has been this way for quite MANY years.
Are you shocked by this all of a sudden?

yeah, i knew this

so, i've got accurate figures, since you didn't quibble with the $83
for 3 pounds

I didn't check your figures, since you didn't post enough information
The rate varies by carrier. You didn't cite a carrier or a routing.
The rates for the major carriers can be found on their websites.

Sorry.. you did say Delta.
So, you can easily find the Delta website to check the fees.

I have never paid for excess pieces, size, or weight.
Most passengers don't.
Airlines are trying desperately to make a profit.
Those that have more "needs" should pay more.