Old March 19th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Mike Cordelli

Default DL pushing the self-serve checkin kiosks

Self Service - 30 seconds from putting in a card to boarding pass in hand,
another minute or two to drop off the luggage.

Standing in line - 45 minutes to get to the counter, then five minutes there
while they type whatever they madly type into the terminal and take the
bags.

You are more then welcome to stand in line, less people waiting for the
kiosks.

"maryanne kehoe" wrote in message
While waiting in line at PHL for my return flight to ATL, the ticket
agent who had been working one of the desks asked those of us in line if
we were checking baggage and was directing us to the self-serve kiosks.

I had to politely tell her once that I "wanted to check in with a
human"! If more of us say "no" to this stuff, perhaps there will be more
DL personnel working the desks (there was only one at PHL.) Has anyone
else encountered this at other US airports with DL?

Maybe some of us prefer it this way!!