Old January 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default shore excursions - how to set up before a Princess cruise?

On 1/7/2011 11:42 AM, Ohioguy wrote:
Have you set up your own account on the Princess website? I believe
that, once you set it up and then login, prices will appear, as will
the ability

I just went ahead and did that. After I logged in, and tried to do the
cruise personalizer, I still get the message:

"As your ship is scheduled to leave port within 5 days, the Cruise
Personalizer is not available."

On the screen before that, it said I could personalize the cruise during
the 120 days before it leaves. Strange.

So you didn't do the pre-cruise check-in so you will be able to have an
easy time getting checked in when you get to the pier??? Did you read
the materials you got with the cruise documents? It should have told you
to do that and also to login to book excursions. Of course, had you been
using Cruise Critic as many people here told you to, you would have
found excellent reviews of non-Princess shore excursions and been able
to save some money. Of course, you would have had trouble booking either
of these since you don't use a credit card.

Good luck.