Old January 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_2_]

Default shore excursions - how to set up before a Princess cruise?

"rieker4" wrote in message ...

On the screen before that, it said I could personalize the cruise during
the 120 days before it leaves. Strange.

Select the excursions that you prefer and then go to the excursion desk asap
after you board. There is usually a board or rack of flyers about each
excursion along with pricing. If the desk is 'open' you can book the
excursion and pay for it with your onboard account.

The 'asap' suggestion is made because the more popular excursions sell out
very quickly. I have seen many disappointed passengers who could not take

their first choice as it was fully booked.

Note: The excursion desk should be on the bottom floor of the atrium
area...not hard to find, but this is your first cruise so everything will
take a little more time to find and do.

The excursion desk is on Deck 6. When in Atrium look at Passenger Services
desk (PSD.) Go to left end of desk and follow the wall around to the left
immediately behind the PSD. There you will find the Excursion desk.

Yes many of the excursions sell out or are already sold out. You can be put
on a waiting list at the excursion desk for a sold out one.