Old June 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill C

Default Carnival Freedom Europe 2009 canceled

Harry Jones wrote:
That is very interesting because there have been recent articles in the
Washington Post and US News about how the American cruise lines
are switching ships to Europe to cater to the increasing demand
there. One of the ships mentioned was the Freedom, so it makes
me curious as to why there is this reversal in plans.

"Richard Whitlock" wrote in message
. ..
I sure hope so because maybe we'll get some year around cruises back in
Texas. All we have now is the Conquest down on the Island. We have the
"Taj Mahal on the (Houston) Ship Channel" aka "The boondoggle to get a bond
issue passed for more container ports" to offer as a terminal.

Tucker in Texas

Bill C wrote:
Just read that Carnival has canceled the scheduled cruises for 2009 in
Europe on the Freedom.

I wonder if they'll be more to follow?

Bill

just did a check on kayak.com for airfare and airfare to Rome is $1200
pp from Philadelphia. I think this must have had quite a bit to do with
the decision.

Bill

--
Visit my Caribbean Princess website: