Old June 7th, 2014, 06:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]

Default US airports: 'menacing, cramped and devoid of humanity'

On 06/06/2014 09:56, Martin wrote:

It varies at both ends from trip to trip. In UK they are looking for and
catching illegal immigrants with forged/stolen passports; and for drugs. The
Dutch don't have a problem because their land borders are open to everybody, and
are exporters of drugs. We've never had a problem or delays entering via
Newcastle.

Flying back from Amsterdam Schipol to Gatwick I remember they used a
friendly sniffer dog. he just made a walk past of the line of entering
passengers. Didn't cause a delay.