Old November 7th, 2003, 01:14 AM
EileenMcDonald

Default Flying and crusing swollen feet

BTW, your feet swell on cruises? why?

Two reasons, they swell from the heat and humidity in the Carribean.

Also the food on cruise ships is cooked with a ton of salt.

I don't believe that. One, we stay 5 days post-cruise in FLL, just as hot
and humid as the Caribbean. And, 2, I put salt on potato chips, I put salt
on every, single bite of my food, AFTER salting it when it's first put on
the plate.
My swollen feet disappear the day after (and, generally, start shrinking by
the night of disembarkation) the cruise. I also drink alcohol post-cruise,
too.
The only thing that seems to help is a daily visit to the ships sauna and
steam room... gets rid of the fluid....'course, it DOES come back, again,
the next day. You need to visit daily.

Eileen

---