Old September 1st, 2004, 05:15 AM
Danni

"RTCReferee" wrote in message
With all due respect, Dick, you have posted before that Heidi, the Wonder
Dog,
certainly a well-trained service animal, knows she is on vacation when she
cruises. I think you have written something to that effect several
times.
Whether on vacation or hard at work, though, I quite agree that Heidi and
other
service dogs are likely far better behaved than many of their human
passengers.

She "knows" she's on vacation because she's not at home. Different
surroundings....same job to do.

That aside, each person reacts to animals differently and there are some
people
who are very afraid of groups of dogs, which is what the Princess
representative told me when I asked her the whether the story was true
and if
so why Princess was notifying people. She said it was because many people
are
fearful of dogs and also some are allergic.

I wonder if there is not some violation of the ADA happening here. It's an
Alaska cruise. I'm wondering whether Princess notified the blind passengers
that they wanted to identify them to other passengers.

That part bothers me. Pointing out a specific group traveling to the rest
of the passengers. Offering money back so that one doesn't have to travel
with "them".