Old June 22nd, 2014, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default US airports: 'menacing, cramped and devoid of humanity'

Martin wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 21:58:45 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 15:20:01 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

"JohnT" wrote:
"Erilar" wrote in message

I grumble about the size of O'Hare in Chicago, but there are water
fountains.

I may not be a typical traveller, but the availability or otherwise of
water fountains has never figured at all in my evaluation of Airports.
Has Erilar even flown into, or out of Geneva. There is a GIGANTIC water
fountain quite near the Airport.

Not one of my goals. I!ve only been in one Swiss airports, and that was
Zurich on departure, so I did have coins and don't remember hunting for a
free drink.(Ihad flown INto FRA that trip)

You bought drinks from a machine with Euros in Swiss Franc land?

I normally have Euro coins left over from a previous trip. Since Zurich
was the end of my Swiss visit, I had some coins.

The Swiss use Swiss Francs.

I arrived in Germany, however. By the time I left, I'd been in Switzerland
for well over a week.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad