Old January 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.nuke.the.usa
Greg Procter

Default Greg Procter Threa Tip

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

I'm sure no-one cares that you have your own weird and non-standard
measurements, just give them unique names and stop pretending that they
are proper imperial measures.

This is interesting, coming from a person in a country without a
currency called "dollar" until 1967. Since the Kiwi dollar is worth less
than a US dollar, do you think NZ is short changing people?

You're surely not mistaking the NZ Dollar for the US dollar??? Ours has
just one line through it ($)
Five years ago our dollar was worth US 49c, now it's US78-80c. I guess
by the end of the year they will be equal.

I knew you would make a comment about the USD recent decline in value.

How is 'the last five years' a recent decline???

However, the NZD was once worth 1.28 USD, so I guess the NZD is just now
starting to recover.

That was back when our dollar was tied to the UK Pound.

Forget the damn sybol.

You call it a dollar, we call it a dollar.

I said at the time it was a stupid name to attach to our currency -
there were a whole raft of names suggested but the logic went that we
could buy standard typewriters without the need for a custom character.
It's a problem associated with being a small country.

This is in response to your complaints about the US gallon being
different than a NZ gallon and trying to short-change people due to the
smaller amount.

There isn't a 'gallon' character on typewriters - you are shortchanging
deliberately.