For Howie: RTCs Closet Queen Of The Newsgroup - Howard Garland...

Old May 31st, 2004, 03:45 PM
Reef Fish

Default For Howie: RTCs Closet Queen Of The Newsgroup - Howard Garland...

(villa deauville) wrote in message ...
RTCref
You are right. I was wrong. I am very sorry.

The apology above was from "villa deauville" (aka SUNNY) to
RTCreferee.

What RTCRef said to Howie was:

RTCref Here, from me to the selfish hedonist who masquerades as a
RTCref liberal who doesn't appear to care one iota about the poor
RTCref people most affected by tobacco's ills

and Howie said to RTCReferee,

Howie I do remember that it was you, who characterized me as a
Howie "snob" and "closet queen" in your annual rtc award post.

SUNNY........The poster was Reef Fish - Bob

S'nd I
XXX.

SUNNY, being as confused as you are about who posted what, to whom,
and when, you REALLY should learn how to use the groups.google
newsgroup archives to ascertain facts before you put your foot
(very frequently) in your mouth.

As for who called Howie "closet queen" and a "snob", as far as I
can tell, nobody did in a post (except you, SUNNY, and Howie see
above :-).

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ho...ews.com&rnum=3

Subject: 2003 RTC Awards
Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
Date: 2003-12-26 16:29:46 PST
From: The RTC Awards Committee )

* After long and careful consideration, the RTC Awards Committee
* is pleased to announce the following award winners for 2003.

* RTCs Most Amusing Poster - Sunny (you can laugh with her/at her)

I now nominate SUNNY for the most "confused" and most frequently
"misattribute" poster of 2004.

* RTCs Queen Of The Newsgroup - Ermalee

* RTCs Closet Queen Of The Newsgroup - Howard Garland

* RTCs Biggest Snob - Wolfgang Petrusch (TA division)

* RTC's Biggest Snob - Howard (I've been on 41 cruises)Garland

* RTCs Resident Curmudgeon - Charles

Charles deserves a Life Time Curmudgeon award. I nominate SUNNY
for this award for 2004.

Reef Fish - Bob.
Old May 31st, 2004, 05:01 PM
Howie

Reef Fish wrote:

[lots of quoted text snipped]

Impress me with your CV, Bob?

Howie

Old May 31st, 2004, 05:29 PM
villa deauville

Reef
I already have an award for being the most confused poster on RTC. But
thanks anyway
As I posted in a previous post I cannot keep up with who said what, why,
when, which, when whole posts consist of quotes and then many times the
original poster says nothing
So many posters start their posts with A quoting A, A quoting B, B
quoting
him/herself, B quoting A, B quoting C & A
and on and on and on. By the way I find your posts to be in the why,
where and when category.
I did not appreciate your post. Have a nice day. Aloha

SUNNY.......Positively is not curmudgeon.

S'nd I
XXX

Old May 31st, 2004, 06:13 PM
Eileen Garland

Default For Howie: RTCs Closet Queen Of The Newsgroup - Howard

Ahh, Sunny, you make me smile!

Eileen

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:30 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 31 May 2004 13:13:56 -0400, Eileen Garland
wrote:

Ahh, Sunny, you make me smile!

Eileen

So does you Xanax.
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:17 AM
Reef Fish

Howie wrote in message ...
Reef Fish wrote:

[lots of quoted text snipped]

Impress me with your CV, Bob?

Howie

If you insist ...

1. Taught Howie something about confidence intervals vs fiducial
intervals that he never learned, or even heard of, while palming
himself to be one versed in math and statistics.

2. Taught Howie that R. A. Fisher was not being anti-semitic when
he expressed his dislike of Neyman's ideas on statistical
inference.

3. As a community service to help combat ignorance (especially
among professors), I pointed Howie to a reference book and a
statistics text book (Hogg and Craig) to read about the flaws
in the Neyman-Pearson system of statistical inference, and
over-write the Howie's "**** in his harddrive" he so carefully
wanted to preserve.

4. Taught Howie how to explain "percentages" better so that he
would not have to spend 30 posts of his arguing and flaming
others without realizing it was his own fault in muddled
writing in the first place.

Howie, is that what you mean by my CV ?

Actually all of the above are easily found in the archives of
RTC, but I know you are soooooo busy (producing more pollution
besides your smoke in this newsgroup) that I've done your
homework for you and outlined it above.

Happy now, Howie?

Aloha and Shalom.

-- Bob.
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:28 AM
Eileen Garland

Bob, you are one of the most tiresome people I've ever encounterd.

Eileen

Old June 1st, 2004, 01:05 AM
Howie

Pardon the top post, everyone. Actually, you taught me nothing, boron.
However, our limited interaction has reminded me that it is not
fruitful to get into a sparring match with someone as hopelessly
clueless as you are.

Howie - still waiting for the real CV.