-bus transportation

Old August 11th, 2010, 03:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

Default -bus transportation

Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from Allentown PA to
Baltimore MD to the docks. If so please let me know. TIA rosaly
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Rosaly Z. Greenberger wrote:
Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from Allentown PA to
Baltimore MD to the docks. If so please let me know. TIA rosaly

That would be a charter if you have enough people to pay for that. If
you have to go by bus (ugh ... 6 hours and two transfers!) then just
take the Greyhound and hop a cab from the terminal to the ship.

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

ROSALY:
Do not know about buses from allentown,what ship and when do you sail?
We drive down to baltimore,and park on the lot right by the cruise ship.
We are in south jersey. Not sure if we are going to be able to make our
cruise the 26th of august,due to a health problem that popped up with my
husband
surfer e2468

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old August 12th, 2010, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:27:11 -0700, RayC wrote:

Rosaly Z. Greenberger wrote:
Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from Allentown PA to
Baltimore MD to the docks. If so please let me know. TIA rosaly

That would be a charter if you have enough people to pay for that. If
you have to go by bus (ugh ... 6 hours and two transfers!) then just
take the Greyhound and hop a cab from the terminal to the ship.

I looked this up for someone else not too long ago.

You can get a train from Allentown to Baltimore and back. Norfolk Southern Reading Line

I haven't been able to find a bus connection - if you can get to Harrisburg, you can take Greyhound
Lines/Bieber Tourways & Trailways pooled service to Baltimore or Washington. Or there is an
Allentown bus to Philadelphia and from there you can take the train down.

You could also rent a car and drive down, or fly from Harrisburg to D.C. and take a train up to
Baltimore from there.
Old August 12th, 2010, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

You can get a train from Allentown to Baltimore and back. Norfolk Southern
Reading Line

What have you been smoking? The only trains running on that line are
freight trains. Allentown has no passenger rail service. The last
passenger train service from Allentown to Baltimore ended in the late
70's.

--
Charles
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Celebrity Cruiser

On Aug 10, 10:59*pm, "Rosaly Z. Greenberger" wrote:
Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from Allentown PA to
Baltimore MD to the docks. If so please let me know. *TIA * *rosaly

If you are traveling on Celebrity's Mercury, Allentown is served with
bus transfer service;
http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan...pagename=buses

Mark
Monmouth County,NJ
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

RayC wrote:
Rosaly Z. Greenberger wrote:
Does anyone know of a bus service that goes from Allentown PA to
Baltimore MD to the docks. If so please let me know. TIA rosaly

That would be a charter if you have enough people to pay for that. If
you have to go by bus (ugh ... 6 hours and two transfers!) then just
take the Greyhound and hop a cab from the terminal to the ship.

One of the travel agencies is offering the bus but if I book elsewhere,
don't know how to arrange it. It is only 2 hours to Baltimore and no
changes. rosaly
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosaly Z. Greenberger[_2_]

Charles wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

You can get a train from Allentown to Baltimore and back. Norfolk Southern
Reading Line

What have you been smoking? The only trains running on that line are
freight trains. Allentown has no passenger rail service. The last
passenger train service from Allentown to Baltimore ended in the late
70's.
Thanks Charles. I already told him about the phantom train in

Allentown.. How I wish they would restore that service.