...and kids in the Thalasso pool.....

Old December 10th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Bisous3

Default ...and kids in the Thalasso pool.....

While we're on the subject of kids being where they're not supposed to be...
2 weeks ago on the Millennium I finally decided to try out the terrific
Thalassotherapy pool in the spa. There is a sign as big as life that says "no
children allowed." So here is this little girl, about 2 1/2, inflatable duck
float and all, bopping around with her Mom and Dad. A spa employee approaches
her Mom and says "I'm sorry ma'am, but there are no children permitted in this
pool". Her brilliant response? ..."She's been in it ALL WEEK!!" She then gave
him the dirtiest look you could imagine then took her daughter and stomped off.
THAT to me was the hilarious thing- her reaction!!
My three year old was in the Fun Factory where she had a ball all week. I
didn't even bring her into the pools...they were extremely crowded. I did see a
bunch of kids in the jacuzzis though....thought they ween't allowed in there
either....but I'm not sure.
Sue
Old December 10th, 2003, 02:40 PM
OcnGypZ

Subject: ...and kids in the Thalasso pool..

Hi Sue:

The nontoilet trained toddlers were in the pools and hottubs on Century as
well.
Despite repeated pleas to the "Pool Butler".. and calls to Guest Relations....
nothing happened.

Thank GOD the t-pool on the Century is located in the Spa!

Babette
Old December 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Bisous3

The nontoilet trained toddlers were in the pools and hottubs on Century as
well.

I have a hard time with this. I didn't take my 3 year old anywhere near those
pools. It was obvious people were trying to relax, she would have been jumping
and splashing, etc. Swimming with a million people in that small space grosses
me out any way. Not only do you have kids in diapers (what do the parents
think, that the diapers are going to hold everything in??) but I'm sure there
is the lazy adult who just doesn't feel like drying off to get to a
bathroom......eeeew.
I wish they had that alleged chemical that made a red ring around you if you
urinate in the pool. Does that really exist? Or just and urban legnd??
Sue
Old December 10th, 2003, 05:29 PM

Hi Sue... Isn't it funny how so many are quick to blame the kids for any
wrong doing: these kids were running around the deck...Those kids were
on the dance floor. etc. The truth is, the kids are only doing what
they are taught. Many are really too young to understand what is right
or wrong.

I own a campground. At our swimming pool there are signs all around the
deck that say: "No diving from deck." ...Last summer, there was a little
boy having a great time head-firsting into the pool. I went over by the
edge of the fence and said "Hey...No diving in the pool, please"
....Well, immediately, his Grandfather (who, unbeknownst to me, was also
in the pool), came racing out of the pool enclosure. "Don't you tell my
Grandson what to do....", he said .. Two inches from my face (and in
front of his Grandson). ...I wonder who would have been blamed had his
Grandson broke his neck that day?

When I was younger, children were treated as children. We had rules that
we had to follow. This Grandfather was (perhaps unknowingly), setting
the standard for his Grandson to follow. Is it any wonder that today we
have so many unruly children? The Grandson was maybe 7 years old. If
he's told to thumb his nose at the rules at this age, I wonder what he
is going to be like, with respect to others, when he's 17? ...Jon

Old December 10th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Bisous3

Hi Jon
I own a dance studio and can tell you stories about disrespectful kids that
would make your hair curl. Of course these kids in their parents eyes never do
any wrong. I remember when I was a kid and got in trouble in school. I remember
very distinctly begging my father to listen to MY side of the story and him
saying "you're EIGHT. You don't HAVE a side of the story!"
The sad thing is people save all year long for a nice relaxing peaceful cruise
and there are parents who let their kids run amok and ruin the atmosphere.
Sue

Old December 10th, 2003, 06:46 PM
JDB

How did you end it? Did you tell the Grandfather to leave? I would have. I
would have called the cops and chased his dumb ass right off the property.

Old December 10th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Howard Garland

Bisous3 wrote:

I wish they had that alleged chemical that made a red ring around you if you
urinate in the pool. Does that really exist? Or just and urban legnd??
Sue

Well they could actually slip some pyridium in their food and catch
anyoned who peed in the pools.

Howie

Old December 10th, 2003, 10:13 PM
fishman

"Bisous3" wrote in message
Hi Jon
I own a dance studio and can tell you stories about disrespectful kids

that
would make your hair curl.

I teach in a public high school. Wanna trade horror stories?

Chris