...and kids in the Thalasso pool.....

Old December 11th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Eileen Garland

Default ...and kids in the Thalasso pool.....

I know! I was confused before, but I've got it now. Sorry.

Eileen

ccsuwxman wrote:

"Eileen Garland" wrote in message

I beg to differ. Many women I'm sure have taken a drug called Pyridium
for UTIs. It makes you pee orange, to put it bluntly. No legend.

Eileen

ccsuwxman wrote:

Sorry, it's just an urban legend. Check out www.snopes.com for details.

Do

a search for "urine" and "red ring" and you'll get the true story.

Not being a woman, I'll defer to you on that point. However, there is no
chemical that is routinely placed in swimming pools that will act as an
indicator for urine. That was the point of the original post.

Old December 11th, 2003, 04:34 PM

Hi Sue... You sound like you had parents like mine. ...I can't get over
the young people of today. They are so forward. When I was younger, it
was "Children should be seen, and not heard." ...Now, you almost have
to be careful what you say to them, lest they contact their Attorney.
...Jon

Old December 11th, 2003, 05:26 PM

June... When I was younger, and little ahem Johnny didn't do his work
because he was lazy or fooling around, the (British) teacher would come
over and either grab him by the ear, or the short hair above his neck --
just to tweek his attention to the problem at hand. ...If Johnny did a
messy job with his school work, he'd slap him across the back of the
head, because Johnny knew he was slacking off, and could have done
better. ...He was a big guy. I recall one day when a 17 year old bully
picked on some of the little kids (including Johnny). He lifted him
right off the floor by the front of his shirt, and carried him the
complete length of the hallway (in front of the whole school) taunting
him, in the manner that the bully had taunted others -- there was no
more bullying problems after that.
....Funny thing... All the students (including the bully) had the
greatest respect for him. He was Johnny's grade 7 teacher.. The best
teacher I ever had.

...Jon (A former student "in Canada" when the teacher was the
ultimate ruler -- and not afraid to use it)

Old December 11th, 2003, 05:47 PM

Howie .....I guess when it comes to kidney stones, "ouch" is the
"word". ...I usually get one or two a year. Lets see, I have a cruise
coming up in March. ..I should be OK for this one. ...Jon

Old December 13th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Diva

Johnny, I honestly did not make the connection between your name and =
using the name "Johnny" in my post. I was using it as in the old book, =
"Why Johnny Can't Read," when I chose that name. All I can say as a =
response to your post is isn't amazing what that kind of response from a =
teacher at the right moment can do? Those days are no more. Sometimes =
that's a good thing, but I think more often than not it is not a good =
thing.

June

wrote in message =
June... When I was younger, and little ahem Johnny didn't do his work
because he was lazy or fooling around, the (British) teacher would come
over and either grab him by the ear, or the short hair above his neck --
just to tweek his attention to the problem at hand. ...If Johnny did a
messy job with his school work, he'd slap him across the back of the
head, because Johnny knew he was slacking off, and could have done
better. ...He was a big guy. I recall one day when a 17 year old bully
picked on some of the little kids (including Johnny). He lifted him
right off the floor by the front of his shirt, and carried him the
complete length of the hallway (in front of the whole school) taunting
him, in the manner that the bully had taunted others -- there was no
more bullying problems after that. =20

Old December 13th, 2003, 01:55 PM

When he said don't tell my grandson what t do, my response would have
been ------ I'm not,I'm telling you what to do -----get the **** out of
MY campground

Old December 13th, 2003, 02:09 PM

I was in a restaurant in Hollywood Fla. on the boardwalk a few years
back [nice place] an un-ruly kid running around demanding,screaming
e.t.c. a very old man walked over to the mother & said lady ya-know how
to correct that? take the brat into he ocean twice ,bring him back
once.....no more screaming. I laughed so hard I thought I was going ****
my pants