Iguazu Falls

Old February 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Missy

Default Iguazu Falls

I am planning a trip to Brazil soon. How much time will it take to
see Iguazu Falls if I don't care to do any rafting or things of the
sort?

Old February 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
ppyne

"Missy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am planning a trip to Brazil soon. How much time will it take to
see Iguazu Falls if I don't care to do any rafting or things of the
sort?

If you are pressed for time, you could probably do it in one day, but I
would recommend two. Start on the Brazilian side in the morning; the single
walkway is relatively short, and you should complete it within no more than
an hour or two, even stopping to take photos along the way. Then go to the
Argentine side, where there are much more extensive walkways, and spend most
of your time there. You might do the upper walkways during the afternoon,
then the lower ones on the next day.

I would not recommend skipping the Brazilian side, because it is only from
there that you get a panoramic view of almost the entire breadth of the
falls, since the majority are across the river on the Argentine side of the
border. On the Argentine side, though, the experience is that of being so
close that you can almost reach out and touch them.

Old February 26th, 2007, 01:11 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
yaofeng

On Feb 10, 12:49 am, "Missy" wrote:
I am planning a trip to Brazil soon. How much time will it take to
see Iguazu Falls if I don't care to do any rafting or things of the
sort?

In 2003 we managed to see both the Brazilian and the Argetinian sides
in one full day. We flew from Santos Dumont in Rio early morning.
The flight arrived at Iguacu like 1 or 2 PM. We called ahead during
our flight stop over in Curitiba to arrange hotel. Our host picked us
up at the airport and dropped us off at the falls to bring the luggage
bac to the hotel. Late afternoon when we finished touring the Brazil
side we took the bus to go back to the hotel.

Next morning our host arranged to have us go to the Argentinian side.
We took the raft attacking the falls and the ecological tour. In the
afternoon our hotel host separated us from the group because we had to
leave for the airport. She took us to the airport for the flight back
to Rio. No. A one day tour is not ideal. But with a good host it
can be done. I would have stayed at least two.

Old February 26th, 2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
james

On Feb 9, 3:49 pm, "Missy" wrote:
I am planning a trip to Brazil soon. How much time will it take to
see Iguazu Falls if I don't care to do any rafting or things of the
sort?

I did Iguazu in one day and had a great time. Flew up from B.A. and
had dinner in Puerto Iguazu (AR side). Went to the falls 8am, walked
the catwalk, explored some small trails, had lunch then did a boat
ride to the falls base, walked back up and saw some more close ups,
then back to town for dinner/drinks

Unless you really wanted to see a lot on both sides I think one full
day (8a 4p), is more than adaquete.

all the best

james www.futuregringo.com