smokers revenge

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Eileen Garland

Default smokers revenge

Well, obviously, I wouldn't have done it then, Ref. Why would I ask if
I intended to ignore the answer?

I wasn't, by the way, afraid of HARMING them, just concerned that the
smell of the smoke might ruin the meal for them.

Eileen

RTCReferee wrote:

Eileen Garland wrote:

Actually, though, I have to confess that just this weekend I asked the
people next to me in an outdoor cafe if it was okay, because the tables
were right on top of one another. I did this twice, and in both cases
my neighbors said it was and thanked me for asking, thereby reinforcing
my considerate behavior.

Hold on there...you said that they said it was OK for you to smoke.

What if they had said "Thank you for asking, but yes, I do mind very much."

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Eileen Garland

Teehee, sure, but I think I can type faster than I can speak anyway, and
you have no more chance of seeing my great smile on the phone than you
do in the newsgroup.

Eileen

RTCReferee wrote:

Eileen Garland wrote:

(But I really would like to meet you, Ref. We could have some good long
debates, if we could find a spot where I could smoke without bothering you!)

Eileen

Telephone?

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Eileen Garland

RTCReferee wrote:

Do you believe that first-hand smoke is harmful?

A simple yes or no would be very cool. :-)

How about yes AND no?

Eileen

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:44 AM
clint

I think having to listen to some boring New Jersey accented, bleached blond,
yaking on a cellphone, is worse than any smoker!
"RTCReferee" wrote in message
Eileen Garland wrote:

And then, I have to again stress that I don't believe second-hand smoke
is harmful.

This amazes me. But, OK.

Old May 27th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Tom & Linda

"Eileen Garland" wrote in message

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Eileen Garland" wrote in message

I do, though I realize you were asking Sunny, not me. I consider it
very rude, and I have very little belief that second-hand smoke harms
anyone.

You mean like people with allergies and asthma? It doens't harm them?

Didn't we cover this point already? Your cologne might harm someone;
your fixation on using a GPS could harm ME (do those things give off
some kind of electromagnetic somethingorother?)

Nope... they receive. They don't send. No transmitter.

--Tom --- doesn't do cologne either

Eileen

Old May 27th, 2004, 04:41 AM
Tobaccolaureate

Ain't economics great?

--Tom

I would imagine it's more politics than economics.
When it comes down to it, how many airlines have ever really been
profitable?

Tobie

Old May 27th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Howie

Surfer E2468 wrote:

HOWIE;
There is no reason to use foul language,to me it means that you are
uneducated,and cannot find other words to use

Ok. Actually the only word I used which might be construed by some
uptight individuals as "foul" was "****." Personally, I do not consider
the word "****" to be "foul." Would I have seemed more educated to you,
if I had suggested to the op that he have "sexual intercourse with
himself"? How about telling him to "stick it to himself?" Perhaps you'd
prefer something like "go make whoopie with yourself?"

Howie

Old May 27th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:34:29 -0400, Howie
wrote:

Go **** yourself, moron.

Howie

Oh, Howie, you're so MACHO !!!