What is the best country to visit in Europe?

Old April 11th, 2004, 01:03 PM
SMD

Default What is the best country to visit in Europe?

"Paolo Pizzi" wrote in message .com...
SMD wrote:

He should simply leave and go back to his
beloved Italy.

Too true.

Right, every naturalized US citizen should be kicked out
of the country if he/she doesn't agree with FASCISTS
like you. You still don't get it why I'm calling you a fascist
right?

I shall stop wasting time in this debate and actually
investigate photography, my original aim.

Good, put your tail between your legs and flee,
anonymous coward.

No, I just think that there are better things to do with my time than
talk to someone so set in his ways he is about as receptive of logic
as the average brick wall and does not even conduct himself in a
gentlemanly manner.
Old April 11th, 2004, 01:04 PM
SMD

"Paolo Pizzi" wrote in message om...
SMD wrote:

I was commenting on your tone--the ininuation in yoyur message was the
Europeans would avoid US schools whilst Asians would happily go.

Never said anything like that. You twist my words and reach
ludicrous conclusions.

It is unseemly to hurl insults. I am reminded of Germanicus and Piso.

It is unseemly to hide behind a handle. I am reminded of
the infamous Pasquinus.

Ah, but I am not hiding behind a handle. Not at all.
Old April 11th, 2004, 01:09 PM
SMD

SMD wrote:

He should simply leave and go back to his
beloved Italy.

Too true.

Right, every naturalized US citizen should be kicked out
of the country if he/she doesn't agree with FASCISTS
like you. You still don't get it why I'm calling you a fascist
right?

No. We simply suggest that if the US isn't good enough for
you--which, to judge by the arguments you make, it isn't--you might be
happier in Itlay.

Judging by that reply, you prefer to have something to argue about
than to solve a problem.
Old April 11th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Danton Avers

In rec.travel.europe Paolo Pizzi wrote:
David Horne wrote:

Because I am a composer, and make most of my living from
it, in addition to teaching etc.

And how do you know I don't have a similar background?

I just read this whole thread (God knows why) and found David admirably
modest in this whole thing. He won't mention it here, but his composer's
bio page at Boosey & Hawkes (who publish him) gives some notion of the
groups David has written for/is writing for (Royal Liverpool Philharmonic,
London Sinfonietta, etc). He's also an ace new-music pianist who has
performed at the Proms etc. Unfortunately web information on "Paolo Pizzi
composer" is quite scarce, making it difficult to compare.

[David finally plonks Paolo]
Good going, you were losing the argument, you had no other choice
than to escape tail between the legs...

Actually, from the viewpoint of a completely disinterested observer, David
clearly won. He remained calm, he answered all your questions with
evidence, and you ranted on failing to digest his messages properly. Just
keeping score here, because I hate when people on the losing end of an
argument go away thinking it's even remotely possible that someone else
believes them to have won. You lost! Hope that helps - Danton

--
Random name selected for each and every new thread I post to.
Old April 12th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Inna from Ukraine

Default Ukraine!! What is the best country to visit in Europe?

I would highly recommend a trip to Ukraine: first it is a relatively
new country for travel, second it is cheap, and it is a beautiful
country especialy the capital city Kiev and the Carpatian mountains
area.

Enjoy!
Inna, guide-interpreter.

Old April 12th, 2004, 06:18 PM
tim

"Inna from Ukraine" wrote in message
om...
I would highly recommend a trip to Ukraine: first it is a relatively
new country for travel, second it is cheap, and it is a beautiful
country especialy the capital city Kiev and the Carpatian mountains
area.

such a shame that visa formalities make it impossible
to go to without firm plans

tim

Enjoy!
Inna, guide-interpreter.

Old April 13th, 2004, 07:44 AM
?ystein

"tim" wrote in message ...
"Inna from Ukraine" wrote in message
om...
I would highly recommend a trip to Ukraine: first it is a relatively
new country for travel, second it is cheap, and it is a beautiful
country especialy the capital city Kiev and the Carpatian mountains
area.

such a shame that visa formalities make it impossible
to go to without firm plans

It is not. You just have to get an business visa.

Jan
Old April 13th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Vitaly Shmatikov

In article ,
tim wrote:

I would highly recommend a trip to Ukraine: first it is a relatively
new country for travel, second it is cheap, and it is a beautiful
country especialy the capital city Kiev and the Carpatian mountains
area.

such a shame that visa formalities make it impossible
to go to without firm plans

What formalities? Comparing with, say, Russia, getting a visa to
Ukraine is a breeze. Visas for private visits don't even require a
letter of invitation. Put down a name and address on the application,
enclose a check for $100 and a FedEx envelope, send it off to the
consulate and you'll have your visa in 2 weeks, no questions asked.

Now, whether there is any reason to go there is a different question