Question for this group

Old January 12th, 2007, 06:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Default Question for this group

VS wrote:

In article om,
Tchiowa wrote:

I had a total hip replacement on December 12th. Am flying on Southwest

from Sacramento to Kansas City in five days

How about "why, if this is so critical, doesn't he fly a different
airline that does have FC and pay for the ticket"?

Are there any airlines other than Southwest that fly from Sacramento
to Kansas City with no changes of planes?

We don't know for certain he is flying nonstop in both directions.
WN only has one N/S daily between them.

"I want, I want, I want, somebody else pay" gets a little old.

Did the OP ask somebody else to pay for anything?

Payment doesn't always involve money.
I believe there are 2 aisle exit row seats.
If he can get there before someone else, than he is entitled to them.
If not, then he isn't. After all, he will be pre-boarding, so he has
that advantage.

Old January 12th, 2007, 06:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Tchiowa

VS wrote:
In article .com,
Tchiowa wrote:

Are there any airlines other than Southwest that fly from Sacramento
to Kansas City with no changes of planes?

There are 4 airports within an hour or 2 drive from Sacto. Sacto, SFO,
Oakland, San Jose. Yes, there are plenty of airlines.

None of these are within a 2-hour drive unless you are driving at 2am,
but let me repeat my question: which airlines other than Southwest fly
from any of these 4 airports to Kansas City with no change of planes?
Maybe Midwest has a couple of flights from SFO, but that's about it.

I wish upon you that you need a hip replacement surgery, and then some
asshole sends you on a 2-hour drive.

If I need hip replacement surgery and then have to fly somewhere, I
will pay for a bigger seat so I am comfortable. I won't ask the airline
or anyone else to give me preference or give me something for free.
It's called "personal responsibility".

Old January 12th, 2007, 06:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Tchiowa wrote:

VS wrote:

In article om,
Tchiowa wrote:

I had a total hip replacement on December 12th. Am flying on Southwest

from Sacramento to Kansas City in five days

How about "why, if this is so critical, doesn't he fly a different
airline that does have FC and pay for the ticket"?

Are there any airlines other than Southwest that fly from Sacramento
to Kansas City with no changes of planes?

"I want, I want, I want, somebody else pay" gets a little old.

Did the OP ask somebody else to pay for anything?

Yes. He wanted a premium seat without paying for it.

I didn't know WN expected extra payment for an exit aisle seat?
Is this new?
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

Tchiowa wrote:

VS wrote:

In article om,
Tchiowa wrote:

I had a total hip replacement on December 12th. Am flying on Southwest

from Sacramento to Kansas City in five days

How about "why, if this is so critical, doesn't he fly a different
airline that does have FC and pay for the ticket"?

Are there any airlines other than Southwest that fly from Sacramento
to Kansas City with no changes of planes?

There are 4 airports within an hour or 2 drive from Sacto. Sacto, SFO,
Oakland, San Jose. Yes, there are plenty of airlines.

Do you normally drive an extra 2 hours to the airport so you can pay
more money to get a better seat on a 3 1/2 hour flight?
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

VS wrote:

In article om,
Tchiowa wrote:

Did the OP ask somebody else to pay for anything?

Yes. He wanted a premium seat without paying for it.

On Southwest, premium seats cost as much as regular seats. That's why
so many people like Southwest, myself included. Everybody is an elite
on Southwest

No, you got it backwards. Everyone on WN is in the same class. However
this is NOT an elite class.
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mike Hunt

VS wrote:

In article .com,
Tchiowa wrote:

Are there any airlines other than Southwest that fly from Sacramento
to Kansas City with no changes of planes?

There are 4 airports within an hour or 2 drive from Sacto. Sacto, SFO,
Oakland, San Jose. Yes, there are plenty of airlines.

None of these are within a 2-hour drive unless you are driving at 2am,
but let me repeat my question: which airlines other than Southwest fly
from any of these 4 airports to Kansas City with no change of planes?
Maybe Midwest has a couple of flights from SFO, but that's about it.

I wish upon you that you need a hip replacement surgery, and then some
asshole sends you on a 2-hour drive.

Do you know for certain that this guy is taking the ONE nonstop that WN
has?
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:58 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Stan de SD

"Bogart" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 20:36:58 -0800, Mike Hunt postmaster@localhost
wrote:

Michael Miller wrote:

I had a total hip replacement on December 12th. Am flying on Southwest
from Sacramento to Kansas City in five days. The doctor said I should
request a bulkhead aisle seat. If he writes that I did indeed have
surgery, and that it is best if I have a bulkhead aisle seat, is there
any way this request can be accomodated?

Mark

When you called Southwest to ask them, what did they tell you?

They told him to go post on rec.travel.air where some arrogant little
piece of **** would be sure to come up with a smart-arse answer

My, that's pretty good advice...

Old January 12th, 2007, 07:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old January 12th, 2007, 07:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

In article ,
Mike Hunt postmaster@localhost wrote:

No, you got it backwards. Everyone on WN is in the same class. However
this is NOT an elite class.

Yer right, it's better than elite. I've flown on 40 or so airlines,
have a Skyteam Elite Plus status many years running, and have yet to
see an airline that is as competently run as Southwest. Get rid of
first class and similar nonsense, treat everybody equally and fairly,
fly to airports that folks actually want to go instead of mega-hubs,
and before you know it you've got the most successful airline in the
world

Unfortunately, a lot of my travel is overseas or to place where
Southwest doesn't go, or I'd fly them exclusively.

Old January 12th, 2007, 07:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

In article . com,
Tchiowa wrote:

If I need hip replacement surgery and then have to fly somewhere, I
will pay for a bigger seat so I am comfortable.

What if the airline that serves the route does not offer bigger seats,
as is the case here?

I won't ask the airline
or anyone else to give me preference or give me something for free.

What the OP is asking for *is* free. You can't pay for it.

It's called "personal responsibility".

Does it come with reading comprehension?