Student faces half a million dollar bill for bomb hoax

Old June 10th, 2007, 04:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

Default Student faces half a million dollar bill for bomb hoax

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...

Marriage is based on love, not on how much money a woman has.
--

In those societies too where brides and grooms are typically some five years
of age? Typically wife's financial wealth is an important factor. Also lean

A chap went to a toy shop. A young assistant introduced him Barbies: a
riding Barbie by 19.95; a jogging Barbie by 19.95; Barbie wearing her
wedding dress by 19.95. Then the customer noticed a Barbie by 199.50. He
became curious and asked why this one Barbie is so much more expensive than
the rest of them in the stock. He was told that it is a divorced Barbie:
half of everything Ken has earned thus far, belongs to her.

Old June 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Tom Peel wrote:

Magda wrote:

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:30:12 -0700, in rec.travel.europe,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... ... ... Magda wrote:
... ... On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:15:46 +0200, in rec.travel.europe,
Tom Peel
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
... ... ... A German court has awarded 207,000 Euros in
damages against a 32 year ... ... old student who caused a hoax
bombscare at Düsseldorf airport in 2003. ... ... The action for
damages was brought by the Düsseldorf airport as ... ...
compensation for the loss of business caused by the evacuation of the
... ... terminal building. Further civil court actions are pending
from the ... ... police, fire brigade and an airline, which could
bring the bill to over ... ... 400,000 Euros- over half a million
dollars.
... ... The civil actions come on top of the 2 year suspended
sentence already ... ... passed in 2004. The student had made the
fake phone calls in order to ... ... avoid flying on vacation with
her boyfriend.
... ... http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/...487524,00.html
... ... ... ... T.
... ... Someone must learn how to say "no"...
... ... Maybe she didn't want to hurt his feelings by refusing. ;-)

It deeply hurt her pocket for 30 years. I bet he won't be proposing to
her now...

I guess marriage may be the only alternative left for her. A marriage
contract could exclude her spouse from being liable for her personal
debts, IIRC.

In the U.S. that's called a "prenuptial agreement", but why
would he want to marry her, if she's that stupid? (I know
men don't place much priority on brains in the women they
choose, but they usually don't MARRY the real dummies - not
until they hit "midlife crisis" years, anyway!)
Old June 10th, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , magda@fr
says...

... It deeply hurt her pocket for 30 years. I bet he won't be proposing to her now...
... I guess marriage may be the only alternative left for her. A marriage
... contract could exclude her spouse from being liable for her personal
... debts, IIRC.

Who is the perfect cretin who will want to keep her in these conditions? She has no money,
nothing to contribute to the marriage - only maybe children = more expenses!!

Marriage is based on love, not on how much money a woman has.

That's probably why so many marriages fail after a year or
two! "Love" doesn't remain unchanged forever - if there's
nothing else going for the relationship, there's not much
incentive to continute in it.
Old June 10th, 2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Magda magda@fr wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:35:43 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Padraig Breathnach
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Most of us -- including the intelligent and the worldly wise -- have
... done really stupid things in our lives, and most of us have got away
... with little or no harm done. I am not a better person simply because I
... got away with the stupid things I have done (I got away with most of
... them, anyway, and where I didn't, the consequences were not too dire).
... All we know about this woman is that she did one really stupid thing,
... got found out, and is facing awful consequences. She might be
... intelligent, beautiful, interesting, charming -- we don't know (and
... she might be otherwise, but we don't know that either).

If she was intelligent she would have said "No" to those holidays. Simple as that. Even a
baby can say "no"!

Do you mean to imply that you have never done anything stupid?

Even a non-Christian can see wisdom in the advice that she who is
without sin may cast the first stone.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

Tom Peel wrote:

A German court has awarded 207,000 Euros in damages against a 32 year
old student who caused a hoax bombscare at Düsseldorf airport in 2003.
The action for damages was brought by the Düsseldorf airport as
compensation for the loss of business caused by the evacuation of the
terminal building. Further civil court actions are pending from the
police, fire brigade and an airline, which could bring the bill to over
400,000 Euros- over half a million dollars.
The civil actions come on top of the 2 year suspended sentence already
passed in 2004. The student had made the fake phone calls in order to
avoid flying on vacation with her boyfriend.
http://www.spiegel.de/reise/aktuell/...487524,00.html

I think this is more a sad story than anything else. She saw herself
as being in an awkward situation and made a very bad decision on how
she might extricate herself from it. The consequences were, I suppose,
inevitable.

A sick favorite aunt might have been better if she had run out of grand
parents.

Old June 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote:

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

I think this is more a sad story than anything else. She saw herself
as being in an awkward situation and made a very bad decision on how
she might extricate herself from it. The consequences were, I suppose,
inevitable.

A sick favorite aunt might have been better if she had run out of grand
parents.

Indeed. I expect that she has since then thought of similar harmless
strategies, and regretted her chosen one. I can almost imagine the
sense of panic that led to her making such a bad choice.

Old June 11th, 2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Magda wrote:

[...]

With the possible exception of Ado Annie in the musical
"Oklahoma". :-) (The character who sings "I'm jest a gal
who cain't say no" - but it got her into trouble, too.)