K + K PALAIS HOTEL IN VIENNA

Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default K + K PALAIS HOTEL IN VIENNA

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE K + K PALAIS? I AM THINKING
ABOUT SECURING A ROOM THERE AND ALTHOUGH EVERYTHING I HAVE READ ABOUT
IT SOUNDS GREAT ...I WOULD MUCH PREFER TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS
ACTUALLY STAYED THERE OR HAS BEEN TO VIENNA AND SEEN IT. ALSO CAN YOU
TELL ME HOW FAR IT IS FROM THE STATE OPERA HOUSE?
THANKS

Old June 3rd, 2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

You can't go wrong with this hotel. I just returned from Vienna, we
ended up staying at the Intercontinental per Priceline. Only mistake
you can make is too few nights.
Regards, s

Old June 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

to be both on the same day which leaves us 3 free days at this point to
fill. Looking forward to any suggestions you might have

Schonbrunn Palace - and gardens
Hundertwasser - pubic housing by the artist F Hunertwasser
Stadt Park
Prater Park and Ferris wheel
Donau Park
Boat trip
Museum quarter
Millenium City
Uno city
Town hall and parliment buildings
Shoping Streets
St Stephan
Grinzing wine area especially suitabe for an evening
Kahlenberg for for views over the city
Trip out of town to Krems and Durnstein

Old June 4th, 2006, 09:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...

to be both on the same day which leaves us 3 free days at this point to
fill. Looking forward to any suggestions you might have

Schonbrunn Palace - and gardens

and zoo. (oldest in the world IIRC)

Hundertwasser - pubic housing by the artist F Hunertwasser

is that really interesting?
I can't stand why tourists want to see that.

Stadt Park

not a main attraction IMO

Prater Park and Ferris wheel

Ferris wheel ok but the amusement park is not a tourist's interest IMO.

Donau Park

not a sight IMO

Boat trip

not much to see in Vienna. Vienna is not build along the river. There is a
new high speed boat to Bratislava now.

Museum quarter

and the art history museum.

Millenium City

a small shopping centre.

Uno city

nothing to see there IMO

Town hall and parliment buildings

opera house, theater, museums etc.

St Stephan

Hofburg, Belvedere etc.

Grinzing wine area especially suitabe for an evening

A tourist trap!
real Heurigen are e.g. in Mauer, Neustift am Walde etc. (that's where you
will find locals too.)

Kahlenberg for for views over the city

Right now a construction site.

Don't worry, there is enough to see for 3 days in Vienna.

lg Gernot

Old June 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Don't worry, there is enough to see for 3 days in Vienna.

http://www.aboutvienna.org/sights/sights.htm#Prater

Old June 4th, 2006, 10:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...

Don't worry, there is enough to see for 3 days in Vienna.

http://www.aboutvienna.org/sights/sights.htm#Prater

- "The Prater is Vienna's most popular fun fair. Here one can enjoy a
great view from the giant Ferris wheel, and one can do sports and relax in
the area of forest land and fields."

So? The fairground is not a nice and modern place. It will be renovated soon
IIRC. But right now I would not recommend it as a tourists sight.

Ferris wheel is nice but IMO not the sight you have to see in 3 days.

lg Gernot

Old June 4th, 2006, 11:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Gernot Egger wrote:
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...

Don't worry, there is enough to see for 3 days in Vienna.

http://www.aboutvienna.org/sights/sights.htm#Prater

- "The Prater is Vienna's most popular fun fair. Here one can enjoy a
great view from the giant Ferris wheel, and one can do sports and relax in
the area of forest land and fields."

So? The fairground is not a nice and modern place. It will be renovated soon
IIRC. But right now I would not recommend it as a tourists sight.

Ferris wheel is nice but IMO not the sight you have to see in 3 days.

May be , but for some it would be interesting,the ferris wheel is
ancient after all. To see a real modern one you need to be in London
for the London Eye .

The link contained lots of other things as well, the request was for
ideas not just must see places.