Celebrity Cruises Orders Second Ship

Old February 16th, 2006, 11:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Cruises Orders Second Ship

To Whom It May Concern:

Ship-To-Shore Cruise Agency® just received this information from Celebrity
Cruises and I thought it would be of interest to this
newsgroup as well.

CELEBRITY CRUISES ORDERS SECOND SHIP IN NEW SOLSTICE CLASS

MIAMI - February 16, 2006 - Celebrity Cruises has exercised its option to
order a second 118,000 gross-registered-ton ship today, reaffirming its
commitment to innovative products and high guest satisfaction. German
shipbuilder Meyer Werft will build the new tonnage, with delivery of the
first ship planned for Fall 2008 and the second ship in Summer 2009.
Celebrity also announced names of both new ships.
The first new ship will be called Celebrity Solstice, and the second ship
will be named Celebrity Equinox. The new series of ships will be known as
the Solstice class. Terms for the second Solstice-class vessel are
substantially the same as those of the first ship.
Both new ships will be 2,850-guest vessels measuring 1,033 feet in length
and 121 feet in width. Their added size will allow Celebrity to offer
larger standard staterooms, a higher percentage of balconies and an
exceptional range of guest-inspired services and amenities.
"The Solstice-class ships accelerate the tremendous growth and excitement
that continues to build with this brand," said Richard D. Fain, chairman and
CEO of parent company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. "We owe a lot of our
inspiration to guests and travel partners, and we think they will be
enormously pleased with this collaboration. We also thank our shipbuilding
partner, Meyer Werft, for working with us to produce so many of our
beautiful ships."
"Meyer Werft is proud to be a part of Celebrity Cruises' continued growth,"
said Meyer Werft Managing Partner Bernard Meyer. "These new ships
demonstrate Celebrity's tradition of breakthrough design and leading
innovations."

Celebrity Cruises offers comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise
experiences with highly personalized service, authentic five-star dining,
and extraordinary attention to detail. Its nine ships and their service,
cuisine and spas consistently dominate top travelers' surveys. Celebrity
sails in Alaska, Bermuda, California, the Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos
Islands, Hawaii, the Mexican Riviera, the Panama Canal and South America.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker
Ship-To-Shore Cruise Agency®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old February 18th, 2006, 02:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "John Sisker" :

To Whom It May Concern:

A day late.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 18th, 2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
Thus spake "John Sisker" :

To Whom It May Concern:

A day late.
--

They still want their name in lights...

Even if you're getting the same news on the 11 o'clock news as you got on
the 7:00 o'clock news.

--Tom