Behemoth of the Seas - Guess the Amenities

Old February 12th, 2006, 10:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Behemoth of the Seas - Guess the Amenities

Thus spake "Von Fourche" :

"Candy" wrote in message
roups.com...
Von Fourche wrote:

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who is
right?

Giant cranes that hoist people up with bungee cords and drops them
down - into the ocean! That would be cool. Bungee jumping off a cruise
ship and splashing into the ocean, then back up again. I would pay extra
for that.

Trolling with passengers?

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Do sharks follow cruise ships in search of dumped over food/waste? I
can just see it - bungee jumping off a cruise ship down into the ocean water
and up pops a shark and gobbles up the bungee jumper.

There's that famous Photoshopped picture of the great white jumping up
at the helo hanging a rescue diver.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past
Could be is in the future
There is only the now
Old February 12th, 2006, 10:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "Von Fourche" :

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
I see under the waterline glass lounges with heavy duty lighting to
view fish or even the azipods in motion. I also can see a future that
allows pets to be brought on board (hope not) because many people will
not travel sans fido, It would be a whole new market to tap. Finally I
see a much improved anti-terrorist "umbrella" to keep all unwanted
away.

Along this line, I've always wondered why the ships don't have several
hull mounted underwater cameras that would beam a signal to the TV's in
the cabin. Mrs. Nonnymus used to absolutely love a camera I mounted to
our house that was focused on a bird feeder, complete with microphone
inside the feeder.

As for a glass lined lounge beneath the waterline, there might be some
significant engineering problems and just keeping the Plexiglas clean
would be something significant. A camera mounted on the "bulb" of the
ship's prow, for instance, could have a motorized wiper to keep the lens
clean.

If there was a camera or even a window would there actually be fish to
see? I would assume all animal life in the ocean would steer clear of a big
cruise ship. No?

In an average year, three cargo ships come into port with a whale
stuck on the bulb.

The late Calypso had an observation port mounted in the bulb.

Old February 12th, 2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Brian K :

On 2/9/06 10:37 PM Prime consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
"Mike" posted the exciting message
oups.com:

I see under the waterline glass lounges with heavy duty lighting to
view fish or even the azipods in motion. I also can see a future that
allows pets to be brought on board (hope not) because many people will
not travel sans fido, It would be a whole new market to tap. Finally I
see a much improved anti-terrorist "umbrella" to keep all unwanted
away.

Mike

Good point - a ship this size is a definite target for terrorists - I'm
sure they will have some new defensive capabilities!

I love the idea of the waterline lounge.

But wouldn't you have to pass through the bilge to get there? Even in
some kind of glass tunnel elevator type thing; I just can't see the
ship's bilge as a pax attraction. I mean if you are going to do that,
you might as well include "The New York Experience Subway". How about a
Harley Davidson race course, a Tattoo Parlor and a Nudie Bar while we're
at it? ;-)

Hmm, a topless bar (might as well make it all nude, I guess) might be
a profit center. Sell the drinks at a premium and charge 5% for cash
advances on the sail&sign card.

"Let's try it, honey. We're on vacation and who would know"

Old February 18th, 2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

After watching the winter Olympics, I now would like to see the Behemoth
sport a curling track or two probably on gimbals.

Aloha