Behemoth of the Seas - Guess the Amenities

Old February 9th, 2006, 05:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Behemoth of the Seas - Guess the Amenities

"Von Fourche" posted the exciting message
link.net:

"Prime" wrote in message
OK, so RCI brought us some new things on the Voyager series:

- Rock wall
- Ice Skating
- Jonny Rockets
- Promenade

Freedom of the Seas added:

- Water park
- Surfing pool
- Suspended hot tubs

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who
is right?

My guesses:

Merry go round
Tennis court
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament
Circus acts under a big top
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Giant cranes that hoist people up with bungee cords and drops them
down - into the ocean! That would be cool. Bungee jumping off a
cruise ship and splashing into the ocean, then back up again. I would
pay extra for that.

They could compete with Disney and Holland America:

The kids deck
The geriatric deck
Old February 9th, 2006, 06:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Prime wrote:

Mike posted the exciting message news:1gmGf.26580
:

Prime wrote:
OK, so RCI brought us some new things on the Voyager series:

- Rock wall
- Ice Skating
- Jonny Rockets
- Promenade

Freedom of the Seas added:

- Water park
- Surfing pool
- Suspended hot tubs

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who

is
right?

My guesses:

Merry go round
Tennis court
Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament
Circus acts under a big top
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Parasailing off the back of the ship :--)

Good one! There could be two concurrent parasails, one on each rear
corner of the ship. Steam at 22 kts into a headwind and viola! With a
double tandem seat, you could charge for four parasailers at each time,
plus you start your ride ~200ft above the sea!

White water rafting?

How about jet ski pods so that people could eject out of the ship and
ride their jet skis and then drive them back aboard. Some private
yachts have that now.

Or maybe a horse back riding trail with a jumping ring.

grandma Rosalie
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Von Fourche wrote:

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who is
right?

Giant cranes that hoist people up with bungee cords and drops them
down - into the ocean! That would be cool. Bungee jumping off a cruise
ship and splashing into the ocean, then back up again. I would pay extra
for that.

Trolling with passengers?

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Old February 9th, 2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Prime wrote:
OK, so RCI brought us some new things on the Voyager series:

- Rock wall
- Ice Skating
- Jonny Rockets
- Promenade

Freedom of the Seas added:

- Water park
- Surfing pool
- Suspended hot tubs

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who is
right?

Ski Slopes
Zoo
Olympic size swimming pool with diving platform?

More seriously

IMAX Theatre at sea?

--
Julie
**********
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On 09 Feb 2006 05:27:25 GMT, Earl wrote:

That is a SOLAS requirement.

Taking credit for mandated equipment is cheating.

Hi Earl,

I am curious. I have been on many cruise ships that do not have a
helipad. I have never seen a requirement that a cruise ship have a
helipad. Where did you see this?
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I see under the waterline glass lounges with heavy duty lighting to
view fish or even the azipods in motion. I also can see a future that
allows pets to be brought on board (hope not) because many people will
not travel sans fido, It would be a whole new market to tap. Finally I
see a much improved anti-terrorist "umbrella" to keep all unwanted
away.

Mike

Old February 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
Prime wrote:
OK, so RCI brought us some new things on the Voyager series:

- Rock wall
- Ice Skating
- Jonny Rockets
- Promenade

Freedom of the Seas added:

- Water park
- Surfing pool
- Suspended hot tubs

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who is
right?

Ski Slopes
Zoo
Olympic size swimming pool with diving platform?

More seriously

IMAX Theatre at sea?

IMAX would be a good idea. I have no desire to watch a movie while on a
cruise, but since I've never been to an IMAX theater before it would
definitely be something I would do.

Old February 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Candy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Von Fourche wrote:

What will the Behemoth add? Enter your predictions and let's see who is
right?

Giant cranes that hoist people up with bungee cords and drops them
down - into the ocean! That would be cool. Bungee jumping off a cruise
ship and splashing into the ocean, then back up again. I would pay extra
for that.

Trolling with passengers?

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

Do sharks follow cruise ships in search of dumped over food/waste? I
can just see it - bungee jumping off a cruise ship down into the ocean water
and up pops a shark and gobbles up the bungee jumper.

Old February 9th, 2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Mike wrote:
I see under the waterline glass lounges with heavy duty lighting to
view fish or even the azipods in motion. I also can see a future that
allows pets to be brought on board (hope not) because many people will
not travel sans fido, It would be a whole new market to tap. Finally I
see a much improved anti-terrorist "umbrella" to keep all unwanted
away.

Along this line, I've always wondered why the ships don't
have several hull mounted underwater cameras that would beam
a signal to the TV's in the cabin. Mrs. Nonnymus used to
absolutely love a camera I mounted to our house that was
focused on a bird feeder, complete with microphone inside
the feeder.

As for a glass lined lounge beneath the waterline, there
might be some significant engineering problems and just
keeping the Plexiglas clean would be something significant.
A camera mounted on the "bulb" of the ship's prow, for
instance, could have a motorized wiper to keep the lens
clean.

Possible reasons this hasn't become customary might be 1)
cavitation causing bubbles while underway, obscuring the
view 2) build-up of algae on the lens or surround, 3)
nothing really to be seen when underway and only debris when
in port. My best guess is #3.

Nonnymus