Are wetwipes fluids?

Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_4_]

Default Are wetwipes fluids?

Just wondering if my significant other can take wetwipes on the plane
(Europe airport) in her handbag, or do they count as viscous fluids?
Old June 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Steve Cain

Just wondering if my significant other can take wetwipes on the plane
(Europe airport) in her handbag, or do they count as viscous fluids?

Never asked or otherwise inquired but had no problems on 6 trips to Europe
last year.

Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_4_]

Steve Cain wrote:
Just wondering if my significant other can take wetwipes on the plane
(Europe airport) in her handbag, or do they count as viscous fluids?

Never asked or otherwise inquired but had no problems on 6 trips to Europe
last year.

thanks for that input - having had a piece of Camembert cheese rejected
by security recently, I figured there is no such thing as a stupid question.
T.
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Goomba

Tom P wrote:

thanks for that input - having had a piece of Camembert cheese rejected
by security recently, I figured there is no such thing as a stupid
question.
T.

Cheese is an entirely different issue than babywipes, y'know?
Cheeses, fruits, meats....they're all banned/allowed based on other reasons.
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_4_]

Goomba wrote:
Tom P wrote:

thanks for that input - having had a piece of Camembert cheese
rejected by security recently, I figured there is no such thing as a
stupid question.
T.

Cheese is an entirely different issue than babywipes, y'know?
Cheeses, fruits, meats....they're all banned/allowed based on other
reasons.

This was a security check on an internal flight, different issue from
foodstuffs, y'know? Camembert cheese is considered to be a particularly
hazardous security risk because it is a "viscous fluid", like
toothpaste, y'know..

Old June 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
me[_5_]

On Jun 23, 2:02*pm, Tom P wrote:
Steve Cain wrote:
Just wondering if my significant other can take wetwipes on the plane
(Europe airport) in her handbag, or do they count as viscous fluids?

Never asked or otherwise inquired but had no problems on 6 trips to Europe
last year.

thanks for that input - having had a piece of Camembert cheese rejected
by security recently, I figured there is no such thing as a stupid question.
T.

Anything on any day can be rejected. The wetwipes have the
advantage that
they are "sealed" and resistent to tampering. It is also true that
they are
vastly smaller than 3 oz or whatever the limit is so if one wanted
they could
probably put them in their clear plastic ziplock. Camembert on the
other hand
is fairly "open" and subject to tampering or other utilization as a
obscurant.
But as I say, anything on any day....
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

me wrote:

On Jun 23, 2:02 pm, Tom P wrote:

Steve Cain wrote:

Just wondering if my significant other can take wetwipes on the plane
(Europe airport) in her handbag, or do they count as viscous fluids?

Never asked or otherwise inquired but had no problems on 6 trips to Europe
last year.

thanks for that input - having had a piece of Camembert cheese rejected
by security recently, I figured there is no such thing as a stupid question.
T.

Anything on any day can be rejected. The wetwipes have the
advantage that
they are "sealed" and resistent to tampering.

Not that resistent.
It doesn't take major bucks for a device to seal packages.