Helicopter scheduled airlines

Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
aomd88

Default Helicopter scheduled airlines

Hi

I am just curious about which airlines do operate scheduled flights
with helicopters. So far, the ones I know of a

in Europe :

Helisureste (doing the Ceuta Málaga leg in Spain)
Alidaunia in Italy
Heli Air Monaco

Former operators are Eurocopter (their Helsinki Tallin route is
gone) and Helikopter Sercive (Swedish carrier flyinf from Helsingborg
to CPH airport) . I am not sure wheter there still is or not an
helicpter link in Malta , but I am quice sure this route has also
been closed down.

in America

US Helicopters (shuttle transfer to NY airports)
and Helijet around Vancouver.

Do you know any other helicoter airline that is stll operating ?
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

aomd88 wrote:

Hi

I am just curious about which airlines do operate scheduled flights
with helicopters. So far, the ones I know of a

British International between Penzance and the Scilly Isles:

http://www.islesofscillyhelicopter.com/

US Helicopter not only flies shuttles to the New York airports, but also
flies from New York to Bridgeport, Connecticut.

http://www.flyush.com/

Heliexpress between Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Macau:

http://www.heliexpress.com/?structure=005

There was a service in India serving Meghalaya, operated by Pawan Hans
Helicopter on behalf of the local government under the name of Meghalaya
Helicopter, but operations were suspended a couple of years ago after a
fatal accident. There were announcements earlier this year that the
schedule would be adjusted starting 1 July, but I also see recent news
reports where the local government is trying to get a subsidy for the
operation to help attract tourists. It may be flying, and it may not.
Here is a link describing other services operated in India in the past by
the same operator:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18137261/H...urism-in-India

Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

Do you know any other helicoter airline that is stll operating ?

British International flies between Penzance in the UK and the
Isles of Scilly

http://www.islesofscillyhelicopter.com/

Old September 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

http://www.airgreenland.com/rutekort/
Pituffik (THU)
Serviced by helicopter
http://www.airgreenland.com/om_air_g...g_helikoptere/
It is not possible to book economy non-flexible flights on helicopter
routes or on flights to/from Upernavik and Qaanaaq.