Tips for cheapest business (or possibly premium economy) class farefrom New Zealand to UK

Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Tips for cheapest business (or possibly premium economy) class farefrom New Zealand to UK

Hi rec.travel.air,

My partner and I will be looking to travel home from New Zealand to
the UK - one way only - at the end of April or beginning of May 2008.
I find economy class just too uncomfortable for words, so I'm prepared
to shell out for business class this time around, although I'm also
looking at premium economy. Some questions, then, for your combined
wisdom:
- What is the cheapest way (or time) to get these fares?
- What carriers should I be considering?
- I've seen the figures for premium economy seat sizes at
http://www.seatguru.com/charts/premium_economy.php, but I can't easily
visualise how this will compare to a business class seat - can anyone
describe to me their personal experience?

Any other hints, tips or advice gratefully received...

Cheers - Adam...
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:43 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff[_16_]

wrote in message
Hi rec.travel.air,

My partner and I will be looking to travel home from New Zealand to
the UK - one way only - at the end of April or beginning of May 2008.
I find economy class just too uncomfortable for words, so I'm prepared
to shell out for business class this time around, although I'm also
looking at premium economy. Some questions, then, for your combined
wisdom:
- What is the cheapest way (or time) to get these fares?
- What carriers should I be considering?
- I've seen the figures for premium economy seat sizes at
http://www.seatguru.com/charts/premium_economy.php, but I can't easily
visualise how this will compare to a business class seat - can anyone
describe to me their personal experience?

Any other hints, tips or advice gratefully received...

Cheers - Adam...

Between the UK and New Zealand, British Airways' World Traveller Plus (via
Asia), or possibly Air New Zealand's Premium Economy. The latter offers
business class amenities and meals (although I don't think lounge access),
with a larger seat and more legroom. But it is generally priced higher than
BA's product which is essentially economy class service, albeit with more
legroom and a wider seat.

Other airlines with a Premium Economy service includes both Taiwanese
carriers, China Air and Eva (but I'm not sure if they offer a decent
connection to Auckland via Taiwan.

Frankly, this is one area I would talk to a travel agent. Even if they
charge a fee (which many do these days because they don't make much, if
anything, in commission (depending on country), they may have a suggestion.

And I would also look at buying a round trip (return) ticket and discarding
the return if your ticket is only one way (single).

Jeff

Old November 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On 22 Nov, 14:23, wrote:
Hi rec.travel.air,

My partner and I will be looking to travel home from New Zealand to
the UK - one way only - at the end of April or beginning of May 2008.
I find economy class just too uncomfortable for words, so I'm prepared
to shell out for business class this time around, although I'm also
looking at premium economy. Some questions, then, for your combined
wisdom:
- What is the cheapest way (or time) to get these fares?
- What carriers should I be considering?
- I've seen the figures for premium economy seat sizes athttp://www.seatguru.com/charts/premium_economy.php, but I can't easily
visualise how this will compare to a business class seat - can anyone
describe to me their personal experience?

On BA it is not as good but definitely better than basic economy.

Basically what you might expect from the price difference (price going
up exponentially with comfort/space)