Recomendations for Hotel in Seattle

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

Default Recomendations for Hotel in Seattle

We need a hotel in Seattle in May that is near
Cruise Terminal 91, (2001 W. Garfield St. Seattle
98119) or will offer shuttle service to that pier.
Clean, safe and comfortable at a moderate price.
Any suggestions anyone?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_4_]

J Carnaghie wrote:

We need a hotel in Seattle in May that is near Cruise Terminal 91, (2001
W. Garfield St. Seattle 98119) or will offer shuttle service to that pier.
Clean, safe and comfortable at a moderate price. Any suggestions anyone?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)

I will be interested in this too. How far is it from SEATAC to the port??

Ermalee ---sailing from Seatle in May
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:04:12 GMT, J Carnaghie
wrote:

We need a hotel in Seattle in May that is near
Cruise Terminal 91, (2001 W. Garfield St. Seattle
98119) or will offer shuttle service to that pier.
Clean, safe and comfortable at a moderate price.
Any suggestions anyone?

My one cruise out of Seattle used the downtown pier (66), and it looks
like Pier 91 is out of the downtown area. I'd use hotels.com or some
other web site that lets you search by address to find something near
Pier 91.

In the past, the hotel that people on rtc that people recommended was
the Best Western Pioneer Square. I haven't stayed there myself, but
I've walked past it, and it looks good from the outside. I've stayed
at the inn near Pike Place Market, and it was good, but that was a
long time ago.

Old December 8th, 2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:49:18 -0500, Ermalee
wrote:

J Carnaghie wrote:

We need a hotel in Seattle in May that is near Cruise Terminal 91, (2001
W. Garfield St. Seattle 98119) or will offer shuttle service to that pier.
Clean, safe and comfortable at a moderate price. Any suggestions anyone?
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)

I will be interested in this too. How far is it from SEATAC to the port??

It didn't take long on the Celebrity bus - the driver didn't even
bother to get on the freeway. I thin, though, that there is a big
potential for traffic jams if you're there at the wrong time.

Old December 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
joseph f Morris

We booked two rooms last week at the Sea=tac Holliday Inn. This across
the the street from the airport. $140 per. Check it out on the web. May
8 and 9. Either way you will need a taxi.

Joe

Live today...tomorrow may never come.

Old December 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

joseph f Morris wrote:
We booked two rooms last week at the Sea=tac Holliday Inn. This across
the the street from the airport. $140 per. Check it out on the web. May
8 and 9. Either way you will need a taxi.

A hotel near the airport will not allow you to do any sightseeing. I
would rather have a hotel downtown/near Pikes Place Market.

sue
Old December 8th, 2008, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_4_]

joseph f Morris wrote:
We booked two rooms last week at the Sea=tac Holliday Inn. This across
the the street from the airport. $140 per. Check it out on the web. May
8 and 9. Either way you will need a taxi.

Joe

Live today...tomorrow may never come.

Joe, will the Holiday Inn provide a shuttle to the Port?

Ermalee
Old December 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
joseph f Morris

Ermalee Holiday will shuttle to airport down the street to Inn. Not to
pier 91. We will get town car taxi Sunday 10:30 am
This may change if there is a group planned by George and Becca.

Old December 9th, 2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_4_]

joseph f Morris wrote:
Ermalee Holiday will shuttle to airport down the street to Inn. Not to
pier 91. We will get town car taxi Sunday 10:30 am
This may change if there is a group planned by George and Becca.

Joe

Live today...tomorrow may never come.

Thanks Joe. I talked to someone at the Holiday Inn, and was told that
they don't have shuttles to the pier after October. Since we're going
in May, the shuttle company may be bact to doing the shuttle to pier.
We can hope. Otherwise, it will be private limo or taxi.

Ermalee -----hasn't booked a hotel yet
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:03 AM
malcolm malcolm is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermalee[_4_] View Post
joseph f Morris wrote:
Ermalee Holiday will shuttle to airport down the street to Inn. Not to
pier 91. We will get town car taxi Sunday 10:30 am
This may change if there is a group planned by George and Becca.

Joe

Live today...tomorrow may never come.

Thanks Joe. I talked to someone at the Holiday Inn, and was told that
they don't have shuttles to the pier after October. Since we're going
in May, the shuttle company may be bact to doing the shuttle to pier.
We can hope. Otherwise, it will be private limo or taxi.

Ermalee -----hasn't booked a hotel yet
Hi friends, thats a nice information you all have shared here. Ermalee hasn't booked a hotel yet but I am definitely going to book one this Christmas. Thanks for sharing.