Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old October 31st, 2003, 10:02 PM
Mxsmanic

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

me writes:

Fundamental to this assertion is that royalty and rich folks
are more likely to be "good people" than hoi polloi. It's
not an obvious fact and many of us might actually suggest
that there is a slight inverse correlation.

Royals are brought up to be polite, and are brought up in aristocratic
circumstances. Unless they have really foul intrinsic personalities,
they are bound to be polite and good-mannered. It's their job.

Old October 31st, 2003, 10:33 PM
Marie Lewis

In article , Robert
writes

Your responses are so way off. People in this group cared that I had a
royal friend and wanted more information. Why? Royals are interesting
to many people. Maybe not too you.

I have never profited financially from my princess friend. I profitted
from my billionaire friend because I introduced him to another
business owner and received a commission. In any case I said it wasn't
about the money. It was about treating all people with respect.
By the way you get lucky meeting billionaires when you get in the
game. In this case the game was the sale of used office furniture,
believe it or not. I called an ad advertising large lots of office
furniture. I knew another dealer and thought I could broker the deal.
I was put right through to the billionaire. He was building an office
supply company.

This MUST be a troll.

--
Marie Lewis
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:26 AM
Deep Freud Moors

Mxsmanic wrote in message
Robert writes:

Would you drink a pint of Corgi **** to meet with the Queen alone for
a half an hour hour? Seriously. Lots of people would.

Or a pint of Blair **** to meet with Bush alone...

Some people are definitely very different from me!

I have seen no evidence of that.
---
DFM

Old November 1st, 2003, 02:40 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Robert wrote:

It's strange how my posting on safety in Europe turned into a debate
of whether or not I have a royal friend. Some of you may not have seen
my last post so I'll say it again below.

I KNEW his avowed decision to stop posting here was much too good to be
true!
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:44 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Miguel Cruz wrote:

I can only imagine that most people have better things to worry about than
fine-tuning their secret plans for one day meeting royalty.

If the troll's claims WERE true, one wonders how his "royal" friends
would react to being made the butt of a travel newsgroup? (And of
course, ANYONE can claim ANYTHING on the internet - how many of us
actually CARE enough to do any checking up?)
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:45 AM

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Miguel Cruz wrote:

I can only imagine that most people have better things to worry about than
fine-tuning their secret plans for one day meeting royalty.

I think I have a quite a bit more fun playing with my "secret" six - foot
tall rabbit friend. His name is "Harvey"....

--
Best
Greg

You haven't been around for a while, Gregory - YOU don't happen to be
"Robert", do you?
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:49 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Deep Freud Moors wrote:

step to actually meeting royalty. Heck, I have her email address. I
could call up her Queen Mother right now if I wanted to (but I
wouldn't).

Feel free to have the Queen punish us all severely for being so rude.

I have e-mail addresses for a number of the celebrities I admire - I
seldom use them, and I CERTAINLY don't think they consider me a
privileged confidante, just because they were kind enough to provide
them!
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:52 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magda wrote:

No problems with coffee and keyboards/monitors here, but I'm decidedly scaring my
neighbours since 6 am... ROTFL

Another newsgroup to which I post identifies such posts with "BW" (for
"beverage warning") meaning that if one wishes to avoid spraying liquid
everywhere, one should swallow before reading!
Old November 1st, 2003, 02:55 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Note to Robert: It doesn't appear that Mxsmanic has ever heard of you -
how could you claim to be a friend of his? (As you did in one of your
other threads?)

Mxsmanic wrote:

Robert writes:

It's strange how my posting on safety in Europe turned into a debate
of whether or not I have a royal friend.

Why would anyone care whether you have a royal friend or not?

I can tell you for a fact that there are some very rich people in this
world who don't look or act like it.

In that case, why does it matter?

Well, that person you said that to may have been someone
who may have allowed you to travel around Europe in total
luxury for the rest of your life. But now you sit at
your computer wishing you could afford even budget travel.

It's not my habit to live as a parasite off others, so I'd probably be
sitting in front of my computer in any case.

True story: I almost hung up on a billionaire because he
sounded like he was from a lower class - he was! but built
many successful companies and was a billionaire.

Billionaires and royals ... you seem to have a lot of unusual luck in
your encounters with others.

I have learned. Yes I have learned. And so should you.

So that one can live off the wealth of others? Is that really such a
good thing?

My royal friend, her family and friends have impeccable manners and my
guess is that most royals do.

If you were rich and polite, would these friends profit from you as you
imply it is possible to profit from them?

Sometime you'll be in the hotel or wherever and you'll meet someone.
That someone might be royalty.

Wow.

Just go about your business in a positive manner expecting
someday that you will meet meet royalty. You people got lucky
without any effort - because through me you have come one
step to actually meeting royalty. Heck, I have her email address. I
could call up her Queen Mother right now if I wanted to (but I
wouldn't). That's my method. Worked for me. Let me know if it works
for you.

I could never countenance taking advantage of others in that way, no
matter how wealthy or royal they might be. And I should hope that my
friends would never talk about me as though I were an expensive car,
either.