Carnival Gold Key - Sail & Sign

Old June 18th, 2005, 10:56 PM
RICK DAVIS

Default Carnival Gold Key - Sail & Sign

In case you didn't know....Carnival now has a separate key-card for
repeat customers. Something new since my last Carnival Cruise. We were
wondering why our "Gold Sail & Sign" wasn't like everyone elses (Blue
with Red & White Carnival Logo). So we asked. We were told its a way
to identify "repeat VIP Passengers". Not that I consider myself a VIP
but, I Gotta say we did get quicker service at a full bar. Has anyone
else experienced this yet?
How long have these Gold cards been around?

Old June 19th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Ed

On the Miracle last month, I had my first experience with the gold card,
having been on ten previous Carnival cruises. I usually punch a hole in the
card and wear it around my neck attached to a Carnival lanyard.

I experienced an extra smile and thank you when I bought something aboard. I
suppose it is a good idea, recognizing repeat cruisers in such a manner. I
believe there were introduced this year as I was not given one in October
when I sailed on the Conquest out of New Orleans.

Loved the ship(Miracle) but hated the decor in the main dining room...those
purple "grape" lights have to go.

Eddie

Old June 19th, 2005, 12:31 AM
E.k.R.

This is good to hear. Sounds like Carnival is finally starting to recognize
it's past passengers as more than just a number. I've sailed with Carnival
nine times and it would be nice to receive that little extra recognition
while onboard. I think Carnival is probably in the process of rolling out a
full fledged past passenger program, complete with a real name and different
membership levels. At least that is my guess.

The Sail & Sign cards color coded gold sounds like a feature borrowed from
sister brand Princess Cruises. Princess color codes your cruise card based
on the level of Captain's Circle membership you are. It's a rather nice
feature, especially for those that have sailed with the line multiple times.

Ernie

Old June 19th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Charles

In article , Ed
wrote:

On the Miracle last month, I had my first experience with the gold card,
having been on ten previous Carnival cruises. I usually punch a hole in the
card and wear it around my neck attached to a Carnival lanyard.

Other cruise lines have been doing that too. Princess for at least a
couple years. My card for October 2003 is Platinium colored.

Royal Caribbean had the color of my membership level on my last cruise,
Dec. 2004. Before that they printed the membership level on the card.

--
Charles
Old June 19th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Dick Goldhaber

I hope that this doesn't get anyone at HAL in trouble, but we have been on
seven HAL cruises, and all we really have to show for it are pins
acknowledging the number of days onboard. Even Heidi has a 50 day pin.

In all of those cruises I have NEVER EVER showed anyone ANY kind of
identification for any purchase.

I have never been on a Princess ship, but I like their rewards program.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

Old June 19th, 2005, 03:37 AM

I guess I'll find out on Monday when we board the Holiday. It'd be
nice if the gold card did more than get me served faster at a bar
though. I usually have a good relationship with the bar staff and tend
to get served faster anyway.

-rr

Old June 19th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Len C.

They must be fairly new. In January we didn't have the gold cards, but
on the Triumph we did. I didn't notice any better level of service
having a gold card. Only difference was that your past guest # was
printed on it. At least RCCL says welcome back when they see your a gold
member! I become Platinum on my next RCCL cruise!

Len...

Old June 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Tom K

"Len C." wrote in message
They must be fairly new. In January we didn't have the gold cards, but
on the Triumph we did. I didn't notice any better level of service
having a gold card. Only difference was that your past guest # was
printed on it. At least RCCL says welcome back when they see your a gold
member! I become Platinum on my next RCCL cruise!

I believe that most of us here remember your first...

Next thing you know... you're platinum... on a "different line" than your
first.

One of these days we need to get you to try Celebrity or Princess.

--Tom

Old June 19th, 2005, 05:06 PM
RICK DAVIS

Quicker bar service wasn't all I noticed. We also got quicker
service in the shops also. For example one night the shops were very
busy and I went to buy a watch as a graduation present. There were many
people in there ahead of me and I was wearing my gold card around my
neck. Within 30-45 seconds I was approached and asked if there was
anything they could do for me or anything I wanted to see. There were
obviously other people ahead of me at the same bank of jewelry cases.
Another example was I buying a couple of sundries in the gift ship and
only had 2 or 3 items. There were about 8-9 people in front of me.
Again I had my gold card around my neck and an employee came up to me
and said "sir if you'll follow me I can help you." She then took me
over to the jewelry shop and rang me up there. In and out and avoided
the long line at checkout. Just nice little extras.

Old June 19th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Tom K

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Quicker bar service wasn't all I noticed. We also got quicker
service in the shops also. For example one night the shops were very
busy and I went to buy a watch as a graduation present. There were many
people in there ahead of me and I was wearing my gold card around my
neck. Within 30-45 seconds I was approached and asked if there was
anything they could do for me or anything I wanted to see. There were
obviously other people ahead of me at the same bank of jewelry cases.
Another example was I buying a couple of sundries in the gift ship and
only had 2 or 3 items. There were about 8-9 people in front of me.
Again I had my gold card around my neck and an employee came up to me
and said "sir if you'll follow me I can help you." She then took me
over to the jewelry shop and rang me up there. In and out and avoided
the long line at checkout. Just nice little extras.

There are stores that I've never gone back to when someone behind me in line
was taken ahead of me. In fact, if that happens to me, I'll just take my
stuff to the desk in front of everyone, drop the stuff... and leave.

I'm not sure that if I'm in line in front of you... and they do that...
whether I'm thinking "Wow... I can't wait until I'm a gold card person" or
if I'm thinking "This is the last frigging time I'm ever on this cruise
line".

--Tom