Boycott offensive comic strip and newspapers that carry it

Old April 6th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Lady Veteran

Default Boycott offensive comic strip and newspapers that carry it

Old April 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Lady Veteran

Old April 7th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Doug Lerner

On 4/7/04 3:22 AM, in article rzCcc.84191$K91.183174@attbi_s02, "Joe Momma"
wrote:

"NAAFA" wrote in message
The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance , or NAAFA, declared a
consumer boycott of the Bizarro comic strip and any newspapers that carry
it. The particular cartoon in the link below is highly offensive to

people
of size.

Get a life. It's not even offensive. It's an airplane cabin with fat people
stuck in their seats, and an announcement being made saying "Welcome to
London. Once the other passengers have exited the plane, we will begin
prying any remaining Americans from their seats."

ROTFL!

doug

Old April 7th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Joe Momma wrote:

"NAAFA" wrote in message

The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance , or NAAFA, declared a
consumer boycott of the Bizarro comic strip and any newspapers that carry
it. The particular cartoon in the link below is highly offensive to people of size.

Get a life. It's not even offensive. It's an airplane cabin with fat people
stuck in their seats, and an announcement being made saying "Welcome to
London. Once the other passengers have exited the plane, we will begin
prying any remaining Americans from their seats."

www.spokane.net/bizarro.asp open Monday April 5's comic.

They found that one offensive. As you say get a life. FFM

Old April 7th, 2004, 08:19 PM

"NAAFA" wrote in message
The National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance , or NAAFA, declared a
consumer boycott of the Bizarro comic strip and any newspapers that carry
it. The particular cartoon in the link below is highly offensive to

people
of size.

All people have "size". You're fat, which your organization seems to already
know.

Mitch

Old April 7th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Lady Veteran

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:25 AM
john

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:52:03 GMT, "LawsonE" wrote:
While there are plenty of people with various medical problems who are
"people with size," MOST of us are merely people that don't exercise enough
compared to our caloric intake.

In other words, we're lazy and overeat.

How do you know this? Have you made a study or taken a survey of
this? Do you have any real proof? It is unfair to lump MOST fat
people in this category. Most fat people are usually either
genetically inclined to stoutness or have a constitutional inability
to properly metabolize carbohydrates. My wife exercised 5 days a week
and watched her calories for 20 years and didn't lose weight. It
wasn't until she went on a low-carb diet that she really started
losing weight (40 lbs in 6 months).
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:15 AM
LawsonE

"john" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:52:03 GMT, "LawsonE" wrote:
While there are plenty of people with various medical problems who are
"people with size," MOST of us are merely people that don't exercise

enough
compared to our caloric intake.

In other words, we're lazy and overeat.

How do you know this? Have you made a study or taken a survey of
this? Do you have any real proof? It is unfair to lump MOST fat
people in this category. Most fat people are usually either
genetically inclined to stoutness or have a constitutional inability
to properly metabolize carbohydrates. My wife exercised 5 days a week
and watched her calories for 20 years and didn't lose weight. It
wasn't until she went on a low-carb diet that she really started
losing weight (40 lbs in 6 months).

So, she was overeating carbs.

Different things work for different people, but MOST people in the USA,
according to the reports I've heard on the news, are merely supersizing
their fast food.

Old April 9th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Susan

So, she was overeating carbs.

Different things work for different people, but MOST people in the

USA,
according to the reports I've heard on the news, are merely

supersizing
their fast food.

Since when is the news an accurate purveyor of truth when it comes to
health or nutrition issues? why would you believe them? They are out
for ratings so you might want to question what they tell you.

Try doing a medline search. You'll have some work sorting through
everything but at least you'll get a better view of what the real
issues are.
I'd take what you hear off the news with a large grain of salt.

Susan
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Doug Lerner

On 4/9/04 10:15 AM, in article
t, "LawsonE"
wrote:

Different things work for different people, but MOST people in the USA,
according to the reports I've heard on the news, are merely supersizing
their fast food.

I've lived overseas the past 20 years and I have to admit I was
flabbergasted when I walked into a U.S. fast food restaurant and saw the L
size drink cups!

doug