Unanswered questions at Dulles Airport

Old June 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Unanswered questions at Dulles Airport

Darryl wrote:
... so why not htis guy?

because he's a reporter specializing in privacy issues
and you're a sheep.

LOL. He can call himself anything he wants. At least I've
figured out that there's more to life than tilting at windmills.
I prefer to get to my destinations than score points. =R=

Old June 16th, 2006, 02:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Rog' wrote:

Darryl wrote:

... so why not htis guy?

because he's a reporter specializing in privacy issues
and you're a sheep.

LOL. He can call himself anything he wants. At least I've
figured out that there's more to life than tilting at windmills.
I prefer to get to my destinations than score points. =R=

Agreed. It's also very old territory. We know that matching ID to
boarding pass before entering the screening area does NOTHING to
increase our security, and does NOTHING to prevent a terrorist from
boarding a plane. So, it really doesn't matter who the ID screener
works for, does it? Arguing the point with the ID checker is pointless
and holds up the line.

Old July 17th, 2006, 07:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Edward Hasbrouck

I've gotten a response from the TSA Privacy Officer,
although it raises as many new questions as it answers:

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001081.html

----------------
Edward Hasbrouck

http://hasbrouck.org

"The Practical Nomad: How to Travel Around the World"
(3rd edition, 2004)
"The Practical Nomad Guide to the Online Travel Marketplace"
http://www.practicalnomad.com

Old July 17th, 2006, 12:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"Edward Hasbrouck" wrote:
I've gotten a response from the TSA Privacy Officer,...

Do you really believe someone gives a rats-ass?

Old July 17th, 2006, 03:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
GCosta

In article ,
says...
"Edward Hasbrouck" wrote:
I've gotten a response from the TSA Privacy Officer,...

Do you really believe someone gives a rats-ass?

And your contribution is...?

Old July 17th, 2006, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
mysteryflyer

Rog' wrote:
"Edward Hasbrouck" wrote:
I've gotten a response from the TSA Privacy Officer,...

Do you really believe someone gives a rats-ass?

I do. I use SFO once a month and worry about exactly who is who.
--

mysteryflyer
http://www.mysteryflyer.com/
Old July 18th, 2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected][_1_]

VS wrote:
In article ,
mysteryflyer wrote:

I do. I use SFO once a month and worry about exactly who is who.

What exactly do you worry about? Now, this ``hasbrouck,'' he is
a Privacy Advocate(tm). Describes every moment of his existence
in excruciating, mind-numbing detail on a public website, and then
worries about somebody sneaking an unauthorized peek into his passport.
In other words, a garden-variety nutjob.

What's *your* fixation?

Your at the airport and a guy walks up in a fairly nondescript
uniform.
He says he needs to see your id. Do you ask why? If you do and
he says he's "with TSA" do you show it to him? Do you ask for his ID?
What would it look like if you did? Now he looks at your ID and says,
"Hmmm, step this way please". Do you follow him behind a closed,
unmarked door? If you resist, what would you expect to happen?