Travel chaos as flights cancelled; Heathrow closed to all incoming flights

Old August 12th, 2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
Morton Davis

Default Travel chaos as flights cancelled; Heathrow closed to all incoming flights

"Carole Allen" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:35:57 -0500, Mark Anderson
wrote:
15 of the 19 terrorists on 9/11 were registered democrats. The other 4
were libertarians. Republicans don't support terrorism.

They weren't citizens. They couldn't register to vote in the US.

The DEmocrats have blocked attempts to require a photo ID to be presented to
prove who you are. The way they wantr it - Osama Bin Laden could vote in our
elections.

Old August 12th, 2006, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
Carole Allen[_1_]

Carole Allen wrote:
They weren't citizens. They couldn't register to vote in the US.

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 04:08:59 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:
Why would they need to be citizens?
No proof of citizenship is required to vote in the US.
I don't even get asked for ID.

Why would the OP describe the terrorists as "democrats" other than to
attempt to smear all democrats as terrorists? Taking a page from Karl
Rove perhaps? He has some proof they registered to vote somewhere as
democrats?
Old August 12th, 2006, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
mrtravel[_1_]

wrote:

15 of the 19 terrorists on 9/11 were registered democrats. The other 4
were libertarians. Republicans don't support terrorism.

They weren't citizens. They couldn't register to vote in the US.

Why would they need to be citizens?
No proof of citizenship is required to vote in the US.
I don't even get asked for ID.

You know that famous quote by the late Richard Daley, former Mayor of
Chicago (no, not the son). He is credited with the statement, "Vote
early and vote often"
Old August 12th, 2006, 05:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
James Robinson

"Morton Davis" wrote:

"Carole Allen" wrote:

Mark Anderson wrote:

15 of the 19 terrorists on 9/11 were registered democrats. The
other 4 were libertarians. Republicans don't support terrorism.

They weren't citizens. They couldn't register to vote in the US.

The DEmocrats have blocked attempts to require a photo ID to be
presented to prove who you are. The way they wantr it - Osama Bin
Laden could vote in our elections.

What difference would that make? The 9/11 hijackers all presented photo
ID when they legally entered the country. Lots of good that did.
Old August 12th, 2006, 06:41 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

Why would they need to be citizens?
No proof of citizenship is required to vote in the US.
I don't even get asked for ID.

Why would the OP describe the terrorists as "democrats" other than to
attempt to smear all democrats as terrorists? Taking a page from Karl
Rove perhaps? He has some proof they registered to vote somewhere as
democrats?

And he is plainly NOT a US resident, if he thinks one can
vote without showing ID (or register to do so without being
a citizen)!

Old August 12th, 2006, 07:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
mrtravel[_1_]

wrote:

15 of the 19 terrorists on 9/11 were registered democrats. The
other 4 were libertarians. Republicans don't support terrorism.

Carole Allen wrote: They weren't citizens. They couldn't register
to vote in the US.

wrote:

Why would they need to be citizens?
No proof of citizenship is required to vote in the US.
I don't even get asked for ID.

Why would the OP describe the terrorists as "democrats" other than to
attempt to smear all democrats as terrorists? Taking a page from Karl
Rove perhaps? He has some proof they registered to vote somewhere as
democrats?

And he is plainly NOT a US resident, if he thinks one can vote without
showing ID (or register to do so without being a citizen)!

You can register without proving citizenship.
In CA, you can simply mail in a registration card.
Additionally, as I have said, in my last 2 polling places, I was never
asked to show ID
Old August 12th, 2006, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers

mrtravel wrote:

And he is plainly NOT a US resident, if he thinks one can vote without
showing ID (or register to do so without being a citizen)!

You can register without proving citizenship.

No, you cannot! Not your initial registration, although
mature Americans may not remember having to provide proof of
birth to register. Certainly naturalized citizens must show
their papers the first time they register (although if
registration is incorporated into the official "welcome" to
new citizens, they may not realize it).

In CA, you can simply mail in a registration card.

Only to register a change of address or political
affiliation - and your signature must match the one on
record for you.

Additionally, as I have said, in my last 2 polling places, I was never
asked to show ID

But before being given a ballot, you WERE asked to sign
their register, opposite your name and address! (Issues of
"forgery" aside, a signature is still considered a means of
confirming identification.)

Old August 13th, 2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
Carole Allen[_1_]

Why would the OP describe the terrorists as "democrats" other than to
attempt to smear all democrats as terrorists? Taking a page from Karl
Rove perhaps? He has some proof they registered to vote somewhere as
democrats?

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:09:26 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:You can register without proving citizenship.
In CA, you can simply mail in a registration card.
Additionally, as I have said, in my last 2 polling places, I was never
asked to show ID

Irrelevant to my question above. Has someone got verfiable
information that the 9/11 terrorists were registered democrats as
claimed by the OP? Or was it just that guilt by association thing the
neocons do?

Old August 13th, 2006, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers
mrtravel[_1_]

mrtravel wrote:

In CA, you can simply mail in a registration card.

Only to register a change of address or political affiliation - and your
signature must match the one on record for you.

Since when?
The last voter registration drive I participated in involved just
getting people to sign cards to be mailed in.
These cards are available all over the place, and they aren't just for
change of address. It quite easy to find the form online, if you are
still confused.

Are you suggesting that you need to provide proof of citizenship to
register?

Additionally, as I have said, in my last 2 polling places, I was never
asked to show ID

But before being given a ballot, you WERE asked to sign their register,
opposite your name and address! (Issues of "forgery" aside, a signature
is still considered a means of confirming identification.)

How do they confirm it? The polling place doesn't have a copy of my
signature. Do you think they send all the signature sheets to Sacramento
and someone there verifies all of the millions of CA voter signatures,
before the election results are official?

Old August 13th, 2006, 06:52 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers

mrtravel wrote:

In CA, you can simply mail in a registration card.

Only to register a change of address or political affiliation - and
your signature must match the one on record for you.

Since when?

Since more or less forever!

The last voter registration drive I participated in involved just
getting people to sign cards to be mailed in.

But if there were no previous registration on file,
somewhere, they might find they were not on the voter rolls
at their polling place.

These cards are available all over the place, and they aren't just for
change of address. It quite easy to find the form online, if you are
still confused.

I'M not confused, but you obviously are. (Or just plain stupid?)

Are you suggesting that you need to provide proof of citizenship to
register?

Of COURSE you do, if you have never registered before! (Idiot!)