Glaucoma meds and other similar

Old August 16th, 2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
scabbardgirl

Default Glaucoma meds and other similar

David Gee wrote:
"scabbardgirl" wrote in message
. ..
I carry my asthma inhaler everywhere. The prescription label is
always put on the box, not on the inhaler. I just cut out the
prescription label and carry it in my wallet. In case I lose it or it
dies during a trip, I have the information I need to get another one.
A pharmacy can use the info to call to get the prescription to give me
another one.

NONONO!!! Take the WHOLE box that contained your small bottle of
medication! It has your pharmacist's prescription label, PLUS other
information, such as the list of non-medical ingredients, that will
(may?) convince an inspector to pass it through.

Also, keep the small paper "Product Information Summary" -- you know,
the thing that's folded smaller than a Christmas cracker hat and printed
in type so small that only a Chihuahua could read it! -- because it
contains a LOT more information on the medication.

AND it is printed in four, five or more languages, useful in many
airports around the world. Increasingly, these include Chinese,
Japanese and Arabic.

A little tough to do, since the box is long gone. I sent a request for
clarification to TSA, but, as usual, they haven't answered.
If they want the entire box, then everyone who has just the generic
prescription bottle with the pharmacy label on it, well, aren't they in
the same boat? They need to ask for their meds in the original
bottle??? A little difficult to do when your pharmacist orders meds in
bulk quantity and divides it out as ordered.
As long as you aren't flying through Phoenix, where the TSA folks are
dumb as doorknobs, an agent should be able to put inhaler + prescription
label together.
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Joseph Coulter[_1_]

"spamfree" wrote in news:44e35666$1
@news.peakpeak.com:

Probably a 15 ml bottle, just like other eye meds.

2.5ml.

Mine is 15 ml. I just looked at it.

2.5 for Xalatan and it expires in about 6 weeks so that is all the bigger
it can be (of course they could just change the exp date on a bigger
bottle!)

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old August 17th, 2006, 06:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Rosalie B.

scabbardgirl wrote:

David Gee wrote:
[...]

You might luck out, but I doubt it. If your pharmacist can't put the
medications into a box or bottle with a label with your name on it,
I'd get another pharmacist.

Anytime I get a prescription that they put into a smaller bottle, they
always paste the prescription label on it which has my name, what the
prescription number is, how many and what dosage, how many refills,
the doctor's name that prescribed it and a phone number for refills.
And if it is a bottle with 100 pills in it, and I only get 90, they
usually put the label on the bigger bottle.

If the bottle or object is too small or is something like a tube of
paste, they put it on the box that the thing comes in.

Old August 17th, 2006, 04:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
scabbardgirl

Rosalie B. wrote:
scabbardgirl wrote:

David Gee wrote:
[...]

I've never had any pharmacist put the prescription label on the inhaler
itself in the 35+ years I've had one. The inhaler is 2 part - one small
container of the med with a plastic outer shell that does the delivery.
I don't think the inner would fit if it had to have a label, plus I
don't think a label would fit, anyway. The outer may be used with
multiple inners, so labeling it wouldn't help. It's always gone on the
box and I cut the label off of the box and carry it in my purse.
I don't see the difference between the label being pasted on a
non-original bottle, as every pharmacist does, or carrying the label
with me. Exact same label, exact same information, just on a bottle.
As for the other
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Rosalie B.

scabbardgirl wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:
scabbardgirl wrote:

David Gee wrote:
[...]

You don't have to label the plastic outer shell. That's not the
medication.

I don't know why you can't understand that the label ON THE BOX of the
med container is the important thing. Cutting it off the box doesn't
give the person who is checking (who may not know about inhalers) any
documentation that the little bottle of medication that you are
carrying goes to the person carrying the label or that it is even the
right little bottle.

box and I cut the label off of the box and carry it in my purse.
I don't see the difference between the label being pasted on a
non-original bottle, as every pharmacist does, or carrying the label
with me. Exact same label, exact same information, just on a bottle.
As for the other

It isn't the label that is important. It isn't the bottle that is
important either - whether it is original or not. I rarely get
prescription meds in original bottles. That label is only so you can
get it refilled at the pharmacy.

Which may be important to you, but it doesn't matter an iota to the
PSA person. It has to be on the box or bottle of medication and the
medication has to be in there and not in some pill organizer or
someplace else. If the medication is not in the box with a label on
it (and not in your purse) they will disallow it and/or throw it away.

Old August 17th, 2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
sheree

we hae had inhalers. they come in a box with the label. you then use the
inhaler, instead of cutting the box, just save the box, put the inhaler back
in it before flying. very simple
sheree

Old August 17th, 2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Sue and Kevin Mullen

sheree wrote:
we hae had inhalers. they come in a box with the label. you then use the
inhaler, instead of cutting the box, just save the box, put the inhaler back
in it before flying. very simple

This is what I will do when we fly in Jan, but it is going to be a
PIA!! I think I will need a bigger purse to carry my inhalers in their
boxes.

sue
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
scabbardgirl wrote:

I've never had any pharmacist put the prescription label on the inhaler
itself in the 35+ years I've had one. The inhaler is 2 part - one small
container of the med with a plastic outer shell that does the delivery.
I don't think the inner would fit if it had to have a label, plus I
don't think a label would fit, anyway. The outer may be used with
multiple inners, so labeling it wouldn't help. It's always gone on the
box and I cut the label off of the box and carry it in my purse.

That is probably because the pharmcist doesn't want to give you
something open and have to debate whether or not it was tampered with.
The hospital I work always puts the label on the cannister for the
in-patient unit with no problem.
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Rosalie B. :

snip

Which may be important to you, but it doesn't matter an iota to the
PSA person. It has to be on the box or bottle of medication and the

PSA = Petty Security Agency

medication has to be in there and not in some pill organizer or
someplace else. If the medication is not in the box with a label on
it (and not in your purse) they will disallow it and/or throw it away.

--
dillon

How much power does it take to run a server farm?
A googlewatt.
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
David Gee

Default Glaucoma meds SOLUTION FOUND!

If airline fares drop as much as some economists are predicting, you'll
be able to take your pharmacist along with you!