El Segundo - safe neighborhood ?

Old March 13th, 2005, 04:06 PM

Default El Segundo - safe neighborhood ?

I'm shortly going to be spending a night at the Hacienda Hotel at LAX
(525 N. Sepulveda Blvd, El Segundo 90245).

I'm going to be at the hotel early afternoon and to sit staring at the
walls will surely drive me insane, so I'd like to do my usual thing of
wandering the local streets for an hour or two.

I know that many neighborhoods adjacent to airports tend not to be the
toniest... could anyone who knows this area please advise whether it is
safe to walk around in during daylight hours ?

Thanks

Nick

Old March 13th, 2005, 04:23 PM

There's a lot of businesses that are open late in that area, so
wouldn't be unsafe to walk, just boring - pretty ugly area of town, but
I guess most airports aren't situated in the most scenic of spots.

Old March 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM

I'm sorry, I should have suggested staying in Marina del Rey instead if
you like to walk & are getting in in the afternoon - there's a
Doubletree there & a Best Western Jamaica Bay right on the water.
Marina del Rey is just about the same distance from LAX as the Hacienda
- just drive north instead of south. Your walking will be much more
enjoyable & scenic here!